LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!!!!  (Read 1222 times)

Offline ldr1971

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Help!!!!
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:21:05 AM »
I am the MOM at my church and I am having issues with one of the drummers.  He is not naturally talented and he thinks that he is a beast.  He play fast songs way too fast or too slow and he even slows down on our slower songs.  My dilemma is that he is the Pastor's son and she thinks that he is the best musician in this world.  The reason that it is a dilemma is because we had a disagreement once because I chose another drummer to play on this particular Sunday and it was a mess.  I know that he lied and I really don't trust him so I just let him do what he does which is nothing.  I am not about power struggles and I told the pastor that this was her church and if she wanted her child to play every Sunday, so be it.  I can't go into another year like this...

Offline Formuzik

• LGM Member

Re: Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »
Whenever pastor's kids are the primary musicians, you are already defeated.  I am a PK and have served in churches with this problem.  I will tell you that you have to value your calling.  At the end of the day, your calling is what you are responsible for.  If this cannot work with who you are, step away from the music thing until they are willing to make changes.  You must guard your heart from resentment, and sometimes that means stepping down to move up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up