LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southern gospel intros, outros and lead breaks  (Read 6646 times)

Offline munsterduane

• LGM Member

Southern gospel intros, outros and lead breaks
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »
Ive seen very few sites with southern gospel tabs and such. I was given this addy by one of the peoples here SKetchman  so Ill see what the people here can do to help me. I sing in a praise band that does a lot of different stuff. Third Day, Chris Tomlin, City Harmonics etc. Im the southern Gospel section, I sang in a Quartet fro 30 years and we retired the group Im now lead guitar and vocals in a group named Ignition Creek. Ive been playing Guitar for about 40 years so im not a novice but just really got back into it 2 years ago. Anywho here what im looking for  the Intros . outros, and lead breaks for the following stuff..  Gaither vocal Band...Singing With the Saints,  Where the River Flows.    Gold City Quartet....I Cast My Bread Upon The Water, That's What I'm Talking About, Aint That What It's All About,  Kingsmen Quartet....Don't Look At The Water, He's A Good Good God,The Cloud He's Coming Back On,  These can all be found on Youtube. I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me for these. Any other sites. If you need more info just message me  and i'll do my best to get the info to you.  thanks

Offline munsterduane

• LGM Member

Re: Southern gospel intros, outros and lead breaks
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »

Heres some more info on the songs im looking for help on heres a youtube site for the first one Singing with the Saints Gaither Vocal Band
Singing With the Saints - Gaither Vocal Band
what i need is the intro the rest ive pretty much figured out its played in B and goes to Eb then to F so if i had the intro to this i'd be happy the next is Where the River Flows by the Gaither Vocal Band I need the intro have most of it figured but there s something im missing heres the youtube link
Where the river flows - Gaither Vocal Band
this song is played in G and is easy to play ill post more of the other songs when i get the info

Offline munsterduane

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
Here are some more links to my first post for songs       
Heres another you tube link to Gold City Quartets I Cast My Bread Upon The Water Id like the intro and lead breaks and outro to this one
Gold City Quartet ... 3/12/09 ...I Cast My Bread Upon the Water
                     And Heres another one of theirs Thats What I'm Talking About Intro....lead break and outro this is played in Bb I have all the chords figured out just not the lead parts

Gold City: That's What I'm Talking About
i hope this is a help

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:30:23 AM »
Was he looking for bass or guitar intros?
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:29:15 PM »
Was he looking for bass or guitar intros?

i thought guitar which was why i didn't say anything :(

Offline Warchild_1950

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
Munsterduane, Hello I'm a newbee here and from what I'm reading I might suggest that you may want to try and look up on U-Tube some Bluegrass gospel for intro/outgo, they're plenty to chose from, Ricky Scags,Vince Gill, etc. etc. I am a strummed guitar type and learning the leads. Been playing since 1967 with out much change however, I joined this outfit to see if an old dog (61) can be taught new tricks. Shalom and peace to one and all. Warchild

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
Welcome to the site Warchild!
Pages: [1]   Go Up