LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (HHH) High-Hat Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1851 times)

Offline sonorJ

• LGM Member

(HHH) High-Hat Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 20, 2005, 09:49:02 PM »
Hey guys,

I need to know what are the live/recordable high hats that have a light CRISP! sound but not too loud :?:

Also, I need to know what is the best live/recordable standard size (12, 13, 16 in.) tom heads and kick bass that gives a solid resonated sound, without the help of a subwoofer :?:

Thanks in advance,

be blessed :wink:

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 11:55:09 PM »
Hello,

In my opinion there are so many great sounding hats, I have the AAX 13 fusion hats, dave weckl hats, zoro hats just to name a few. I'm a sabian guy! But the zildjian mastersound hats are excellent.

As far as heads it hard to answer that one. Clear heads are higher pitched more over tones. Coated are warmer less over tones because of coating and you hear more stick attack. I perfer to use a resonate head on the bottom. I feel it cheating but using moon gel or rings works good it help hearing sustain.

As far as resonate goes, with either choose of heads. You have to find the sweet spot in your shells. Normally just slightly above wrinkle.

I hope that help!

clayfunk

Offline lildrummaboy_987

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 01:01:17 PM »
Hello,

In my opinion there are so many great sounding hats, I have the AAX 13 fusion hats, dave weckl hats, zoro hats just to name a few. I'm a sabian guy! But the zildjian mastersound hats are excellent.

As far as heads it hard to answer that one. Clear heads are higher pitched more over tones. Coated are warmer less over tones because of coating and you hear more stick attack. I perfer to use a resonate head on the bottom. I feel it cheating but using moon gel or rings works good it help hearing sustain.

As far as resonate goes, with either choose of heads. You have to find the sweet spot in your shells. Normally just slightly above wrinkle.

clay gots it right those are the best in cymbals you can choose im a sabian man myself but would go with the 13" mastersounds they are a bit pricey so u might wanna do those aax 13"sabian fusions
on heads the best choice for recording is the aquarian studiox heads get them for resonate and batter heads youll never use a diffrent head again and for the bass drum a aquarian superkick 2 or an evans emad cant go wrong with either one but i prefer the superkick. for the snare try a aquarian performance 2 clear i know it sounds wierd but i did it with a 13" and it was a killer

Offline OhioDrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 09:07:08 AM »
honestly i Just got some AAX Fusion 13 in hats and they are really good but it really depends on what type of studio work you are during and there are different hats that work with different types of songs. Check out 12 inch Special Recording Hats made by Zildgian....... i get alot of compliments on them...... And the last thing is alot of hats sound good but its how most in some cases you got to know how to hit hats to bring out a crisp sound.....

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 09:50:16 AM »
thats a pretty nice live hat selestion although i myself would go w/ the zildjain k/z 13in.but thats just me.

for the toms i would go w/ remo penstripe hands down. and a evans eq3 on ur kick :wink:  all the live records ive done ive found that those heads DO THE JOB WELL :!: they'll put a  :D on ur face

out :wink:

Offline cckdl

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 06:46:57 PM »
For me the K custom 13" does a great. On the heads I use Remo Pinstripe and on the bass drum I use Remo Powerstroke 3. :D

Be Blessed,
                                                              cckdl :D

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 08:47:40 PM »
i say zildjian a custom mastersound 13 inch or sabian aax studio 13 inch hats for heads on standard drums evans g2 clears or the the g1 coated with dampening rings or moon gels should be the best choice and emad or eq3 or eq4 for bass drum for a recording i would use the eq3 though for a recording
Pages: [1]   Go Up