LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To all my fellow MOMs...Time Management???  (Read 3677 times)

misterP

To all my fellow MOMs...Time Management???
« on: March 30, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
Ok, so i'm struggling with managing my time to ensure everyone has everything they need.  I work full time, wife and 3 little ones, teacher, musician, and MOM.  I'm struggling with finding time to effectively chart out songs, send out lists, ect...without sacrificing and more time from my family.  How do you all do it?  Suggestions welcome!!!  Thanks.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: To all my fellow MOMs...Time Management???
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Something has to give.  Perhaps, you could give the charting duties to another within the ministry?

Other than that, have fewer kids?   *kanyeshrug*    I kid, I kid.

Perhaps, depending on what you do as an educator, you could chart while teaching...unless you teach an ensemble.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

misterP

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »

Other than that, have fewer kids?   *kanyeshrug*    I kid, I kid.

LOL!...nice...but can't change that one.

I teach bible study @ the church.  I can't delegate the charting duties because i'd end up doing it over because of the way the individual musicians chart their music.  I'm not sure what to relinquish..... :'( :'(

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
LOL!...nice...but can't change that one.

I teach bible study @ the church.  I can't delegate the charting duties because i'd end up doing it over because of the way the individual musicians chart their music.  I'm not sure what to relinquish..... :'( :'(

Therein lies the rub.  It's not that you can't but you won't.  Don't worry, many of us feel that way.

Is there a way that you and the musicians can get together to develop a unified charting system thereby freeing you up a bit?

Can you learn their charting system faster than they learn yours?

Just trying to throw suggestions out there for you.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

misterP

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »
The problem with my current musician's charting style is that they chart, and play, what the choir/praise team is singing, rather than the actual music to the song.  I don't know how to get them to change that other than charting it myself.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »
The problem with my current musician's charting style is that they chart, and play, what the choir/praise team is singing, rather than the actual music to the song.  I don't know how to get them to change that other than charting it myself.

Ahh, I see.  At the moment, I don't have a solution.  But, I'll ask around.

Offline Sannysan1908

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »
(I'm not sure what to relinquish..... )

This is a time where prayer has to give you your answer!! --- Of course all of us musicians are different -- but is the charting the music more important or do you believe your's is the "RIGHT" way?? -- why don't you rotate that responsibility?!?!? :D

choirlist

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:17:37 AM »
Check out this video its for you if you need better time management still

Choirlist Teach Gospel Harmony

Pages: [1]   Go Up