LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy Week - Wednesday  (Read 242 times)

Offline Saxman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • SAXMAN'S MINISTRY

Holy Week - Wednesday
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
Wednesday

And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples, Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified. Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him. But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.

Matthew 26:1-5

Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.

Matthew 26:14-16

These events actually occurred early Tuesday evening. On Wednesday there is no significant recorded event. These scriptures describe the plot to kill Jesus.  Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples was one who initiated the whole thing.  He betrayed Jesus. 

Moreover, some of us may have some Judases in our camp.  They may be the very person that we thought that would not betray us.  They could be a love one closet to us. I really cannot say to be on guard of them or be careful of them because they may be the very person(s) that push us to our divine destiny like in the case of Jesus.  Therefore, just know that they are there and that all things work together for our good to those who love the Lord and are called unto His purpose (Rom. 8:28). Be Blessed!

Celebrating the Life, Death, Burial, and Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Pages: [1]   Go Up