LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single Trumpet Parts  (Read 4910 times)

lashondarenee

Single Trumpet Parts
« on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:36 PM »
Hello my fellow brass players.  I just found this sight.  This is great.  I have just joined or am trying to play with our church band. There is currently a piano player, drummer, and base guitar.  I play the trumpet.  The problem I am having is they all play by ear and I have to have my sheet music.  I am willing to learn to play by it, but I know it takes time.  In the mean time, I am scouring the internet for music.  If there is a score available, you must buy the entire score rather than just the part needed.  Since I am unemployed, I cannot afford to purchase a lot of music nor software (i.e., finale).  Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get trumpet parts.  Right now I am looking for Glory to Your Name by Bryon Cage.  Thanks   

lashondarenee

Re: Single Trumpet Parts
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
In some gospel songs there is a distinct trumpet part; it’s usually never the melody.  The music director is not much help in assisting me acquire any music and I am at the point now where my desire the play has waned.  Even if I were to do as you suggest and utilize Youtube, I still have a hard time determining what key signature the song is composed in, simply by listening by ear.  I know there are pages and pages of piano parts to use.  Thank you for your response.   

lashondarenee

Re: Single Trumpet Parts
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
Thanks Sketchman3.  I will see I can find. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up