LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland Fantom X vs Fantom G  (Read 3217 times)

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Roland Fantom X vs Fantom G
« on: October 15, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
I was thinking about buying a Fantom X, but I dont know if there's a big difference between the Fantom X vs the Fantom G. I mainly like the Roland Piano and Rhodes sounds. Has any of these sounds changed since the Fantom G came out.
Tbass

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Roland Fantom X vs Fantom G
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
I don't know about the fantom G, but I owned a Fantom X 61 for two or three years.  It was a great sounding board.  I had one expansion board which I installed. It had a lot of pianos and other sounds on it(and rhythms)which added to the board.  It holds four expansion boards(which cost about $250 each).   With all the expansions boards installed it is a monster, but you will have paid dearly.  I was totally satisfied with one board installed.

It was well built and convenient to get around on.  I llked the pads which could be manipulated to serve several purposes. I am sure, however, that the Fantom G must be better.  I think most of the expansion board sounds are included stock.  It has that large screen and mouse capability. They cost considerably more than the X.

If it a factor at all for your use, the Fantom X is light to port.   It weighed about 25 pounds.

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:16:18 PM »
Thanks Barbie I'm glad you could provide me with some info on the Fantom X. IT makes it a little easier to make a decision. I have been doing a little research on both through you-tube, but must video's are based on making tracks and beats. I would like to hear more. I guess I have to take a trip down to the music store.
Tbass

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »
You're welcome Btimass
Pages: [1]   Go Up