LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I start?!!!  (Read 17501 times)

Offline all_pocket

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Where should I start?!!!
« on: October 16, 2003, 09:35:35 AM »
What's up everyone?!  This is for any of the moderators.  I play drums, but now I want to learn how to play keys.  I've looked through the lesson section and there is a bunch of stuff to be learned.  Now, my question is where should I start in terms of lessons? Should I start w/ scales, chords or.....what?  :?  I know my notes(as far as where they are).  I would appreciate some suggesstions/ideas on where to start and what to practice.  Thanx.

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

Re: Where should I start?!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 11:44:35 AM »
Quote from: all_pocket
What's up everyone?!  This is for any of the moderators.  I play drums, but now I want to learn how to play keys.  I've looked through the lesson section and there is a bunch of stuff to be learned.  Now, my question is where should I start in terms of lessons? Should I start w/ scales, chords or.....what?  :?  I know my notes(as far as where they are).  I would appreciate some suggesstions/ideas on where to start and what to practice.  Thanx.

I'm not a moderator, but I might be able to help you.

You should start learning your scales in all 12 keys. This is the basic foundation in music. Once you know your scales, then you can learn your chords, starting with the triads on up, because chords are based off of the scales.

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

Where should I start?!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 12:56:06 PM »
Thanks Longfingers, you beat me to it.
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline all_pocket

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

thankx
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 02:13:51 PM »
Thanx Long Fingers!  I didn't mean to single out the moderators for a response, I was open to a response from anyone.  I appreciate the help.  

thank u 2 blessedone I appreciate the attempt!         :D

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: Where should I start?!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 09:48:17 AM »

Ditto to what everyone has said. To add, make sure when you learn your scales that you use correct figering. This will help you when you start playing songs and adding fill-in runs.

Also learn the corresponding chords and learn scales and chords in boht hands. I developed a scales, chord and fingering chart they may help you. It is listed on my site at www.earnestandroline.com/music.html

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Problem
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 11:27:38 AM »
You definetely need to learn your Major scales in all 12 keys and your chords and there inversions.  I'm working on the next version of this website which will address these situations.
:)

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

Re: thankx
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 12:52:46 PM »
Thanx Long Fingers!  I didn't mean to single out the moderators for a response, I was open to a response from anyone.  I appreciate the help.  

thank u 2 blessedone I appreciate the attempt!         :D

No problem, you're welcome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up