LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LIL JOHN ROBERTS!! What snare does he plays mostly?  (Read 2370 times)

Joro

LIL JOHN ROBERTS!! What snare does he plays mostly?
« on: February 27, 2005, 03:18:30 PM »
Does anyone know what snare Lil John plays on the clip posted earlier? check out www.brownfloyd.com/gallery/displayimage-90-0.html.

It has a great crack to it and it's warm too. To me it seems like a 14 x6.5 maple snare tuned very very tight.

Please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 07:49:54 PM »
I don't have the answer to that but what is the group name and the cd called??? I want to chk it out...Thanks!
MERCY EN!!

Offline eversoclear

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 07:51:17 PM »
Yeah When I saw him a couple of months ago, he was still playing on his snare from innovation drums, He currently has an indorsement with tama, but he told me that his innovation snare is his favorite, Dunnet makes one similar to the one he has now. Here is a similar snare which has the same concept has the innovation snare, I know this because I emailed the guy at dunnet and he told me that he and the guy from innovation used to work together. This snare is off the chains it has so many features it even has a pitch control. Here is the picture. http://www.dunnett.com/products/ti-13.phphttp://

Offline eversoclear

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 10:04:42 PM »
The group is eric essix, He is from birmingham, alabama a local jazz guitar player. The bass player plays with me at my church in birmingham.  The title of the CD is the modern man recordings it is a 2 disc set which captures some special live recordings and some songs from his previous album. You can get the album at www.ericessix.com.

Joro

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 03:41:57 AM »
No, the clip I was talking about is a clip from keyboard Kevin Griffin. The name of the cd is plain and simple.
I also have some pictures of Lil John playing with the band and he was using a Tama drumkit with a tama starclassic maple snare. Seems to be a custom made 13 x 6.5 or 13 x 7 snare from the starclassic series. But I don;t know for sure.

Joro

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 11:14:51 AM »
Hi eversoclear...!!

I was wondering if you an mp3 of th efile you posted earlier. The one of Kevin Griffin. The tune is called one after another. I would love to hear the whole live tune.

Thanks a whole lot

Offline eversoclear

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 11:23:42 AM »
Yeah I have the entire clip, I posted it earlier, Here it is againhttp://www.brownfloyd.com/gallery/displayimage-90-1.html

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 12:58:15 PM »
Quote from: eversoclear
The group is eric essix, He is from birmingham, alabama a local jazz guitar player. The bass player plays with me at my church in birmingham.  The title of the CD is the modern man recordings it is a 2 disc set which captures some special live recordings and some songs from his previous album. You can get the album at www.ericessix.com.

Thanks!
MERCY EN!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up