LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Growing Out Of DW Drums  (Read 3334 times)

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« on: December 22, 2004, 08:53:23 AM »
Hello 2 all

When i first laid eyes on DW, I couldnt think of no other drums to play on. All of a sudden, Pearl got played out to me, Tama was corny, and Yamaha.....i just didnt like the Yamaha logo in front of the Bass (see how immature i was?) The look of dwdrums were cool, and that was all i was worry about was the look. Then over a period of time, I got tired of those big round lugs, and what really pissed me off was that they wanted like $1400 for a 7x13 edge snare drum....and the shells were too thin. So im like, I wanted a drum company that has a lovely, real drum sound. One day, I popped in a Dave Weckl CD and listening to those Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage drums caught my attention, and i just had to save up, which i still am for a Maple Custom Set. Dont get me wrong, I love DW hardware, i think they are the best when it comes to hard ware innovations, but if any of you ever heard of the Timbre-matching process the do with their drums, thats full of crock. When i say that its true cause before they put the lugs on and all of the drum hard ware, it is true that u can get that pitch to whatever drum tha they are making, but as soon as the put those roumnd lugs on, that drum is no longer that pitch..

hey fellas get at me if u think im crazy

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 03:00:49 PM »
i think that dw is cool and all and they most definitely have the dopest hardware. it is just that they are so freakin' expensive. i mean, who ever heard of a snare costing more thatn a whole set? i myself have a pacific set which is made by dw. it is amazing for how much i spent for it but i woudl never spend $10,000 on a set. its just not worth it to me....

-its all good and its all GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline DrummerEternal

• LGM Member

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:02:35 AM »
I like Pearl myself, but I see a lot of cats playing with DW sets like Chris Coleman and Tony Royster Jr.  then I see cats messing with the Yamaha sets too like Marvin McQuitty, he left Pearl drums for Yamaha.  I want to start playing more sets though.  Its alright to have a change sometimes, change is good.  Who knows you might feel more comfortable on a Yamaha Vintage.

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 08:22:34 PM »
8O  :?  :(  :cry: You have to be kiddin me! yeah im gettin @ you alright but i keep tellin myself that if you had ever really played on a dw kit then you would know why there better than everyone else. and dude you can get a full dw kit in my home town of Huntington West Virginia for the same price as a expensive pearl kit like 5,000. Oh yeah and im gettin an edge for $850.00. the feel the sound the look of Dw's Man you cant get any of those things any where. Oh and not to be smart but pacific drums are NOTHING like dw's. Keeps it real yall. STAY HONEST. Later

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 11:06:22 PM »
I know a way to solve your problem if you can't figure  what kit to
get.  Get a custom kit.  That way no one will ever have one like it
and its better than a dw.  Too many people have them(DW) and there over priced and over rated.  Trust me I worked guitar Center and have played almost every kit known.

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 12:29:25 PM »
i think ever drum co. has something good to offer. i love dw kits and snares. i have a 5x13 dw aluminum snare. i love it. but i love yamaha kits too. plus greats like teddy campbell and kahari parker endorse them. pearl is good too. but yall gotta get up on orange county drums, and pork pie, and spaun. but all the top of the line stuff costs a lot, not just dw! plus u gotta look for deals to. i got a good deal on my snare. cuz im not tryin to pay full price for nothin. holla at cha boi.

Growing Out Of DW Drums
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 05:49:59 PM »
Hey fellows,

To the guy that started this post, I have to say you are wrong on one thing. No matter what drums you get the point where they put the lugs in the drums is the dead point of the drum, it will not affect the pitch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up