LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NYC Musicians  (Read 1787 times)

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

NYC Musicians
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »
Hey guys, Im going to be in NYC during the easter weekend at the end of march just wondering if there are any jazz lounges/concerts that usually go down that weekend. If you could let me know, that would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

:o TIGHTEST GROOVE :o
EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member
  • Some of the best playing that I've ever heard!
    • www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

Re: NYC Musicians
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:38:48 AM »
Hey guys, Im going to be in NYC during the easter weekend at the end of march just wondering if there are any jazz lounges/concerts that usually go down that weekend. If you could let me know, that would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

Hey man!!  There's a TON of place you can go to.  There's the Blue Note, Jazz Standard, 55 Bar, Zinc Bar, Dizzy's Coca Cola Jazz Club (Which is beautiful by the way) and the Village Underground (which is right across the street from the Blue Note).  Also, on Sundays The Village Underground usually has their open jam night, where the house band is ridiculous!!  That's where I first heard of Nathaniel Townsley and wow what a groove!  I would HIGHLY recommend catching Nathaniel at the Village Underground on Sundays.  You won't be disappointed and the vibe is super dope!  Hope this helps.  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

Re: NYC Musicians
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »
Thanks for responding man, I appreciate the info, I'll definitely be checking those places out. Be Blessed!

EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!
Pages: [1]   Go Up