LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I have just notice that I had to make a change  (Read 584 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Something I have just notice that I had to make a change
« on: November 23, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »
Guys I have just discovered something. Its something to take notice of. I useth to get up real close on the guitar (visually) by playing the instrument and what I notice that my vision was so blocked that I couldnt visualize the whole guitar fretboard before me. Lets say if I was playing some where on the 8th fret on the B string and because I would sit up so close to the guitar like leaning forward up close playing the instrument. What I notice that my vision would be so keyed in on that one spot or little cone of area that I do not lean backward (while holding guitar in my hand looking at the fretboard from a distance) that I couldnt see the whole fretboard. Now my vision sees that one spot from a distance because Im leaning backward that I could immediately stop playing from the 8th fret and immediately jump to the 17 fret with ease because Im leaning a little back looking at the entire fretboard from a distance. So that means I wont have trouble looking for where the 17 fret is because Im leaning backward looking at the fretboard from a distance. This is what I notice from guthrie govan that why he can play those changes so fast in different areas because hes not leaning forward but leaning back while holding the guitar. And this goes for especially if your sitting down while playing the guitar. For you want to be leaning backward the whole time so you can see the the entire fret board so that your eyes dont get clued on one spot or area. This useth to happen to me all the time.

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Re: Something I have just notice that I had to make a change
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
Something I notice about this new way playing guitar I noticed I started having back problems by looking from a distance so I didnt realize that in playing this new way you have to use your chest where your chest sticks out and your back is pushed in while sitting down holding the guitar in your hand. Its something you have to get used to.

And guys now by this new way of playing at looking at the guitar from a distance that means I will have to learn new keys all over again, but what key should I start in? I know I will have to learn pentatonics shapes then jump into modes second. So that'll be in my list but how long should I be studying this new key for 3 months knowing where all the shapes at and names of the guitar fretboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up