LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I come to know  (Read 583 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Something I come to know
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »
Hi guys back again. I had just wanted to say something and that was that in all of my 8 years of playing I finally stop trying to learn all the modes in one key. Its like it was an impossible task to do trying to play and learn all the modes along with its chords in one key. I find that tiresome to do and as soon as you thought that you had the key down you move on to do the next key and learn the samething over and only you seem to forget the notes and shapes in previous key you were in before. So you may say so whats your point? My point is that I found shorter version of doing that. For example say if I play a C maj7 I can apply C Ionian or C Lydian over it. Than I move on to playing a C m7 I can apply C Dorian or C Phrygian or C Aeolian. Than I move on to a C7 and I can apply C Mixolydian. And then how about a Cm7b5 or C dim and then I can apply C Locrian over the chord. Then you do the same thing for the note A,A#,B, C, D, D#,E F and etc... Learning this way is much easier because you can learn the notes in the chord and in the scale and you can learn what intervals and what is the forumla to create a C dorian or C phrygian or C lydian. So you also can learn the chord shapes on the low E string and on the A string and on the D string. So you have alot of studying to do. It cause for alot of work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up