LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something: "New!"  (Read 565 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Something: "New!"
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
Hi guys back here again. Today I decided to play what I hear in my head. And this goes beyond what I been doing for past couple of weeks going over how to play scales and stuff. That kind of stuff gets boring sometimes because its not producing any music or rhythmn. But I decided to try something new for a change by allowing what I hear in my head to be played on the guitar. For instance, it could be something you heard on the radio... a song or a phrase or something you heard in your head. And you think (I know I do sometimes) how on earth does that guy play that lick. For you dont need to hear anything fast just something slow is what you need to hear in your head so that it'll be easy for you to play on the guitar. For instance, just today I decided to think smart on terms of what musical context I hear in my head. So what I did was play one note and after that imagine or think or repeat how that note sound in my head and then imagine or think what would you like to sound after that. And try playing it slow after couple of times so that you can pick it up on the guitar. I tried this method and boy I tell ya it took me out of the key I was in, but yet it sounded good though. So try it and see what happens!
Pages: [1]   Go Up