LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Churches with horn sections....  (Read 8895 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Churches with horn sections....
« on: March 30, 2006, 12:26:18 PM »
Does your church have a regular horn section??
:)

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

Re: Churches with horn sections....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:38:07 PM »
No... I am currently the only one who will admit to playing a horn, and I play keys for the church, so it would be impossible for me to play horn.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline theunit

• LGM Member
  • morning glory

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 03:56:40 PM »
Im the only one at this point ..but im praying more will come in soon.....i believe that God is on the move in my church....
THE UNIT

Offline Musiksfinest

• LGM Member
  • Me on da set at a outside concert w/ Vickie Winans

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:35:27 AM »
   Yea my church here in Fayetteville North Carolina got a bangin horn section. It ain't big or nuttin. We got one Alto Sax player who's ear is amazin for improv. We also got ourselves one trumpet player that will put spank a high note in the middle of a song like nobody's businezz! Last but not least of our growing 700 member church we got a trombone player. Don't sleep on him cuz he can catch a song with quickness and hit notes that I didn't even kno trombones were quite capable of. All of these men are in the military so rehearsals be ifffy, but services be bangin do to the things they all put together within a matter of seconds. 8)
(Aaron Carter) a-k-a (Musiksfinest)

Offline fluteman

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 09:05:54 PM »
My church does not have a horn section, to say the least, matter of fact we barely have a musician section.  But God has really blessed my brother and myself we have been playing Bass and Flute for close to 14 years, and we have been able to get the job done.  I think one of the benefits that we have experienced is that  we as musicians were forced to become independent of a keyboardist.  Now we can play anysong with just the two of us.  It also forced us in to learning other instruments, I started on flute, now I can play drums quite well, and I am in the process of learning guitar, my brother can now play bass, guitar and he is learning Keys.

Offline drummer_boi23

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »
my church doesnt but i want one
Strive to make it to the top practise makes perfect if you pray and practice God will lead

ES7Mike

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »
At my old church we had a Lady who played alot of instruments but she mostly played trumpet and trombone and she was amazing on both. she mostly played with a silver king trombone. I sometimes would bring my sax to church along with the pastor's son, he played sax too. where I come from (Baltimore) there are alot of horn players that are monsters.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 08:28:08 PM »
No.......we simply have one member of our church who is trying to play alto sax but rarely brings it to church, I would certainly like a regular horn section in our church I really do enjoy the sound.... ;D   :D

PianoWiz...

Offline thebigo44

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 11:02:50 PM »
I'm in greenville N.C my church don't have a horn section. But i been play trombone, trumpet, baritone and bass horn for 15years. l just look for some guy that what to for the Lord in my area. 8) 8) 8)
We don't do it for the money, We do to please  Jesus.(JUST PRAISE HIM)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »
no, and none of the churches I have visited have one either

in fact just seeing one horn player is rare.

There is one trend that I noticed, and that is if there is a military base close by the odds of having a bangin' horn section greatly increase

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »
No horns at my church. In fact, no instruments of any kind at the moment.  :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »
hey dude! what you are doing

Offline gospeluuke

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 12:16:53 PM »
we are struggling for musicians at my church, we have piano and drums. I am learning the clarinet currently though, however I don't think I will get to play it much considering I am playing the piano.

IF there is anyone out there, who has some playing clarinet "gospel style" tips, I am all ears  ;)
Live love and act like a Champion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up