LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How ya"ll deal with not knowing what's up for Sunday  (Read 3822 times)

Offline sugerbear

• LGM Member

Re: How ya"ll deal with not knowing what's up for Sunday
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 06:05:49 PM »
Sometimes i don't know what's going on until Sunday morning right before they get up and sing!! ?/? 

Offline Kandrews

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »
After nearly 6 months of no choir or musician practice, 4 discussions with leadership, and no change, I decided to take a hiatus from playing and pay until and if a change comes.  I also gave them an opportunity to find another bass player if they so desire.

It is both frustrating and detrimental to your frame of mind and skills in such a situation.
I am a Fender Man!  You can't change me!

Slappersgotoheaven

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
I have been in some really tough situation here recently concerning this very thing. I left a church a couple months back because of the leadership and his family being controlling to the extreme that no one wanted even play on Sunday's because they would never tell us what was going on. Then after church they would pull us all aside and verbaly tear us down for not being prepared. And, when one of us would tell the pastor that his son (the MoM) was not communicating with us he would stop us and tell us to respect him and his family and he did not want to hear it.  I have recently started attending a very open church with a very young pastor and things are starting to look up. I have been asked to play a couple of times, but have politely declined until I really feel the call to get back up there and play. The cool thing is that I already play with the drummer outside of church and we have a great friendship. I asked him how it is playing for this church and he knows what I just came from and he said this is a NO PRESSURE (he really emphasied that) situation. I said all that to say that I beleive there is a church for everyone out there and a place for us all to use our talents for God.

Prayers to you.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 08:57:31 PM »
to God be the Glory
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up