LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you say???  (Read 592 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

What would you say???
« on: February 10, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »
Hi guys back with another thread. I had talked to this kid who knew someone that said he or she plays in a band. He told me the organist usually call for him or her to solo, but thing is the kid told me that the guy or gal who he or she is  referring to does not know how to solo. He further told me that he or she does not know rather to play lead or rhythm - kind of stuck in between because he said he or she doesn't get told to play chords a lot from his organist. So I asked the kid how does he or she hold the guitar pick? His advice on this matter was that from what he told me is that he or she usually holds the guitar pick like every other guitar player would hold the pick.

But the interesting thing he told me was that the guy or gal who he was referring to that when he or she plays the side of his or her hand rest on the guitar while striking the string. I immediately thought, why? Everyone else you see has there hand floating across the bridge of the guitar. The kid further explained, and said to me that he or she is lazy! I immediately laughed. The kid told me that the guy or gal that he or she was referring to does indeed has a metronome, but rather complain because he or she wasn't getting the results that he or she wanted from it. The kid told me that the guy or gal he was referring to is self-taught and hasn't taken lessons from anyone as of yet. And the kid told me that he or she was contemplating whether he or she should go to school for music or not. I had no answer for him on what to say to him. Anyway, but my point is what advice do you give the kid?
Pages: [1]   Go Up