LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drummer Needed in Atlanta ( Sandy Springs)  (Read 2310 times)

Offline musicguyla

• LGM Member

Drummer Needed in Atlanta ( Sandy Springs)
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
Hi may name is Min Lamar Adams. Our church is in need of a drummer who has his or her own transportation,some one who is very reliable, skillful with all types of styles, a people person, church background preferably. Drummer must be able to attend engagements, rehearsals on Thursday @ 7:30 and Sunday morning worship @ 10 till about 12:30. Drummer will be paid 75 a Sunday, bi weekly, for no more than a total of about 7 hours a week. Position is available now!!! Please serious replies only.  You may contact me here or @ 404-729-5812

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

Re: Drummer Needed in Atlanta ( Sandy Springs)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »
Ok...

...maybe someone needs to say it...

Seventy-five dollars a Sunday, bi-weekly, and you want a SKILLFUL, VERSATILE drummer?

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:32 PM »
Ok...

...maybe someone needs to say it...

Seventy-five dollars a Sunday, bi-weekly, and you want a SKILLFUL, VERSATILE drummer?

What do you think is an ideal salary for the type of work being advertised?

Offline musicguyla

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:05:01 PM »
This position is not for everyone, It's for whom God has chosen to have it. He has sent that person  needed for this appointed time. Thanks for the views and the replies.

God Bless!!!

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »
What do you think is an ideal salary for the type of work being advertised?

Well, I guess it depends on how they define 'skilled' and 'versatile'.

When I think 'skilled' and 'versatile', I think of someone with no less than ten years of dedication to honing their skills, and can play everything from 'This Little Light Of Mine' to 'Everything Will Be Alright' by Tye Tribbett. Of course, ten years isn't a hard number, and there are exceptions...

...but, many musicians mistake skill with sensitivity and appreciation for the craft of music.

I'm 32, and not until I was in my mid-20s did I feel I didn't have to empty my bag of tricks in every song in order to enjoy playing.

That being said ... small ministry? Ack. I guess what they can pay, but quality musicians usually want what they're worth. No less than 100 a Sunday. I got that at a small church.

Offline musicguyla

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:52:52 AM »
I understand exactly what you're saying. It is a small ministry, but that is what their budget is for now. I totally agree with you. This guy is a very skillful drummer,  I think because he's  in need of cash right now, he's willing to accept the position until. God will reward him for his humbleness and his commitment to the house of God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up