LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SoundCheck with my new setup  (Read 3574 times)

Offline MistaLamont

• LGM Member
  • Grindin.....

SoundCheck with my new setup
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
Let me know what you think about the sound of my drums... Any questions on my setup or equip let me know! Thanks!

http://youtu.be/ov04ef979pc

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: SoundCheck with my new setup
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
Nice!!  Thanx for sharing

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »
...love the drum space.  Thanks for posting man!
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline MistaLamont

• LGM Member
  • Grindin.....

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »
Thanks JFunky! and Baggettcindy!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »
Nice!!  Thanx for sharing

Sorry for the late response... BUT

The drums sound great to me.

Drop us the gear specs and overall setup info... I think a lot of folk here could benefit from the knowledge of setting up such a practice facility

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »
  :) Sounds good...

Offline MistaLamont

• LGM Member
  • Grindin.....

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 06:52:33 PM »
Every mic (nady drum mics $150) is about 6 inches above the the head facing the center of the head. I did alot of trial and error and research on youtube. I use smaller toms because you can tune them loose but they retain a high tone. I use logic pro to record in and I have a presonus firepod audio interface $350. Camera I use a Sony bloggie $60. I use Evans ec2 drum heads, Zildian 20 inch medium ride, 6 inch a custom splash. And Wu-han 16 and 18 inch med thin crashes (the best kept secret). And of course DDrum set the shells are maple I love the build quality and sound of DDrum just switched from yamaha and i'm very impressed! I like to keep my set small and simple...

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »
Every mic (nady drum mics $150) is about 6 inches above the the head facing the center of the head. I did alot of trial and error and research on youtube. I use smaller toms because you can tune them loose but they retain a high tone. I use logic pro to record in and I have a presonus firepod audio interface $350. Camera I use a Sony bloggie $60. I use Evans ec2 drum heads, Zildian 20 inch medium ride, 6 inch a custom splash. And Wu-han 16 and 18 inch med thin crashes (the best kept secret). And of course DDrum set the shells are maple I love the build quality and sound of DDrum just switched from yamaha and i'm very impressed! I like to keep my set small and simple...

I am sorry that my responses have been so few and far between... life with a growing family, LOL.

At any rate, I raved about the Wuhan Western cymbals many times on the L many years ago when they first dropped in the states circa 2004. Since then many other chines/wuhan sounding cymbal companies have emerged. With technology constantly raising the bar on mics the big companies have had to lean on that dry trashy sound for their newest popular lines over the past couple years. Ala AAX Picante, Omni, and others.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Black snare head

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 01:44:12 AM »
Video is nice. I like the set up, but were did you get the track from ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up