LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help with Ipad?????  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Lilfingers

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Need Help with Ipad?????
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
Can someone help me:  I shot some videos on my Ipad---I want to keep them and copy them to my computer.  I went to "Start"  and open up the Ipad and just copied/dragged them to the desktop.  My problem is that some of the vidoes copied properly but others did not and will not copy at all.  It says ---"0 KB"  it says a clip is missing---that is ridiculous because I shot all the videos on the same day.

I really would love to keep these videos and put them on my computer for future use. 

Can anyone help me or tell me how I can copy these videos to my computer?

Thanks Guys---
I'm playing for God's Glory--not man's. LILFINGERS

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Re: Need Help with Ipad?????
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
You probably need to do an import verses drag and drop. Your iTunes should copy all of your photos and videos or the option to import them in Windows should show up when you plug in the device. This is one of the reasons I switched to android. No iTunes and I just drag and drop.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline Lilfingers

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:06:18 PM »
That could have happen--my pressing the on/off button fast---the videos still play perfectly on my ipad--no problem.

How do I import?   instead of drop and drag?

I'm playing for God's Glory--not man's. LILFINGERS

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
That could have happen--my pressing the on/off button fast---the videos still play perfectly on my ipad--no problem.

How do I import?   instead of drop and drag?
Something should pop up in windows when it recognizes your device is plugged into the computer.

Offline smalls85s

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »
You need to sync with iTunes. It copies all photos, videos, notes, contacts, and music. Make sure that that option is checked in the device menu. Dragging and dropping wont work

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 08:36:15 AM »
Ive been delivered from iTunes. :D Although I still use it at times.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
Ive been delivered from iTunes. :D Although I still use it at times.

What do you use now?

This is why I opted for Android over an iPhone. Drag and drop, baby, drag and drop... 8)
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:05 PM »
What do you use now?

This is why I opted for Android over an iPhone. Drag and drop, baby, drag and drop... 8)
Im on Android. I choose the Pantech Flex last year because I was paying cash for the phone. It was able to do the things I wanted out of the box so I got it instead of the GS3 or other high end phones. It does what I need for now. Im going to wait to see what comes out later. I may even get a Nexus 4 seeing they are so cheap reasons I choose the Flex. Changable battery, SD card, flash player out of the box, drag and drop of files to computer, played a large number of file formats out of the box like midi and wmv. I must admit Apple is still smoother but I like having the options above over what Apple is offering.

Id really like to see a new phone that has true multitasking though. I see there are a few that try. I cant play music from one browser window while using another window but there may be a browser app capable of that. True multitasking would also be something like using your camera app while browsing the web.   ;D For a phone, it's better having more features out of the box than to have to keep adding accessories for certain functions. Would be kinda cool if we could switch out certain things on the phone. If I could say switch from a 8MP camera to a 12MP.

I went to ATT over the weekend and I see that the cash price of the GS3 has dropped about $100 because the GS4 is out. I am also considering the idea of a flagship smartphone because there are so many accessories. I would not mind having an extended battery in my phone or either an extended battery case for it. I can only find external items for this currently. I get about a day out of it with moderate use but I wouldnt mind more. The big screen phones are also sounding better because it's easy to view pdf files and word documents on them.

Offline smalls85s

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »
The question was about an iPad video and unfortunately iTunes is the only program compatible (if there is another, I'm not aware of it.)

I'm an android man myself, but I bought an iPad for garage band and other midi uses. I don't know why people say that apple is easier to use. I find it extremely tedious myself. I even bought a MacBook Pro and i regret it to this day. Outside of midi, I can't find a single thing to do with it. I'm just not the type to sell my electronics or else I'd have gotten rid of it.

I remember getting an iPod for the church about six years ago. I was going to use it for portability and to keep all our music in one handy place. The first thing it did was change all the song names to 4 letter codes that made them unrecognizable in their file state. It permanently screwed up all the music and made me forever dependent  on iTunes.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »
note to self ... this is a reason not to bother with mac unless I go all in and only mac

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:56 AM »
I remember getting an iPod for the church about six years ago. I was going to use it for portability and to keep all our music in one handy place. The first thing it did was change all the song names to 4 letter codes that made them unrecognizable in their file state. It permanently screwed up all the music and made me forever dependent  on iTunes.

This is Apple's way of saying "Oh so you just want to drag and drop files and share them all willy-nilly? Well sure, go ahead! We'll LET you share songs from your device, but good luck trying to figure out which song is which..."

The whole "Apple is easier to use" argument doesn't hold any water with me. I don't understand how Windows is complex.

The iPad is smooth, I will give it that, but I prefer the customization Android offers you.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up