LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for direction  (Read 656 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Looking for direction
« on: June 04, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
Hi guys. I been studying the guitar learning how to play just triad chords and what I notice is how 7th chords is kind of built on top of the triads. What I mean is if you have CEG a C major triad and if you add A at the bottom you now have an Am7. And that's the way how things are form on the guitar. But my question was is that I notice how that some chords I would play would have a major and minor third interval and maybe a power chord voicing in the chord aswell. For example take this F major chord xx3211 or xxFACF is what the chord looks like note wise. But if you can tell already F to A is a major third and A to C is a minor third and C to F is nothing but a F5 power chord. Is it really wrong to look at chords this way on the guitar fretboard when knowing what type of chord your trying to figure out what it is and what intervals it has? Because I have seen some chord voicings where it just have maybe a minor third and two power chord forms in the chord and not having a major and minor third interval in the chord. Also I want to ask how that sometimes I get frustrated wit learning all these chords because most times in gospel you can get by on basic traids and that learning these minor9 and major9 chords seems like to me there are useless unless your creating a song yourself where it has those types of chords in the song. Ah well enough for now. Later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up