LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Choir  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Min.Moore

• LGM Member

Community Choir
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:24:46 AM »
recently I have been approached by some people in my community whom express the desirer for a community choir in our area  and they would like for me to lead it so on ,  is there anyone who has any experience with this and if do please help me Thank
 much Love Min. S.j Moore #LLK
In This field  Cause for labor I Thank GOD I'm in this field !!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Community Choir
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »
Welcome to LGM, Min.Moore!

Have been thinking off and on of organizing one. There is a need for Christians in our area to get together and outreach to the community.

But I have to count the costs, like in Jesus' parable of the man building a construction project. IMO, the obstacles would include getting people to contribute and cooperate, and staying out of the way of local churches who would give us the side-eye for trying to co-op their choir members.

There is a community/University choir in our area, but that is more secular and Classically oriented, though they do some christian material. They are organized as a 501c non-profit and do relentless fundraising. There are also Barbershop and Classical/Pop groups, but no community Gospel choirs, aside from the rare interchurch concert. The other choral groups involve mainly the older/richer in our community, not the majority of the local population.

If I did go through with this I would get input/help from others, and probably start with a smaller womens' group...but pray for me, networking is not my strong suit...

Offline Min.Moore

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »
thanks man for your input
In This field  Cause for labor I Thank GOD I'm in this field !!

michel123

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:57:45 AM »
truly reflects the diversity and international aspirations of this talented and exciting Belfast-based choir!
Pages: [1]   Go Up