LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neo simulator for organ  (Read 1438 times)

Offline jenjenmc

• LGM Member

Neo simulator for organ
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »
Hi all!  God bless!
Long story short our church is purchasing a organ/Leslie budget is a issue as we are also building a new building.  I'm looking on ebay a notice a b3 for sell with a neo simulator I already know it's not going to be a Leslie but the organ is a great price but I've never played with a simulator and wouldn't get a chance before purchasing.  Is this something I'm going to hate?  Has anyone used one for church? 

Offline lorenz_j

• LGM Member

Re: Neo simulator for organ
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »
How much is the B3 and the Neo selling for?

I've never used the Neo Ventilator, but everybody I've heard of who's heard is says its a great device and says that it gives the organ some great 'bite' when there isnt a Leslie to plug into.  Also, I've heard it can make an organ clone such as a Hammond Xk3c or Nord plugged into a regular speaker or Leslie sound very close to a B3.  Many organists who travel often carry a clone and plug it into the Neo and some regular speakers and get a very solid sound.

There are plenty of videos on youtube reviewing the Ventilator

Neo Instruments Ventilator review (Leslie 122 simulator)
Neo Instruments Ventilator review (Leslie 122 simulator)

Neo Instruments Ventilator vs a real Leslie 122
Neo Instruments Ventilator vs a real Leslie 122

Whether you buy the B3 and Ventilator depends on the cost and condition.   Some B3's are in bad shape and fixing them would cost as much as buying one in already good condition.
Pages: [1]   Go Up