LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My drummers High Hat sounds like a clicking metronome...  (Read 2524 times)

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

My drummers High Hat sounds like a clicking metronome...
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
...Can someone tell me how he can avoid this clicking when the high hat is closed. It sounds like a metronome. What needs to be adjusted to make it sound like it has more to it when closed?

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: My drummers High Hat sounds like a clicking metronome...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:11 PM »
...Can someone tell me how he can avoid this clicking when the high hat is closed. It sounds like a metronome. What needs to be adjusted to make it sound like it has more to it when closed?

1. Loosen the two rings on the top of the clutch (the on top two rings on top of the felt or rubber thing that holds the top hi-hat cymbal)... this will allow the hi-hat cymbals to sway when struck which increases the vibration length giving a fatter sound.

2. Play within 1" of the edge of the hi-hat with the shoulder of the stick rather than the tip/bead... this again gives more vibration equallng a fatter sound

3. Move the foot to the middle-to-rear of the peddle rather than the top/close to the post pipe of the stand

4. Lighten up on the foot pressure when holding the hats closed
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: My drummers High Hat sounds like a clicking metronome...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »
Ah man!  Uriah was here?  Dude, I didn't think the drum room had any activity any more... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up