LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Pro. Fulltime Musician!  (Read 2158 times)

Christian Pro. Fulltime Musician!
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:48:02 PM »
This discussion is for cats who are making a living playing the drums!

Hello musicians,
Man I spoke with a bishop about my career and hears what he said please listen to what God was saying through him. "It is only what the Bible saids that counts. We must not govern our lives by the lives of others, but by the word of God, because we are created for His purpose.One of the things that we must remember is that there no such thing as christian music or sectular music. Music is amoral which means that it is neither right nor wrong. But what causes music to go from amoral to immoral are the words and finally the environment in which the music is delivered.

A musician can claim to be christian however although they may periodically go to church and may have been raised in the church- it is their chosen lifestyle that is the issue. Remember worship is our lifestyle compromises our testimony then something is wrong. Either I am not actually a christian, or I am a christian but have not grown up in christ and am ignorant of God's Word or I am a christian living disobedient to God's Word. Don't look at musicians- look at Jesus and look at people who make sacrifices of their lives as true examples. It world be intresting to know whether any of these " stars musician " attend church regularly, serve in the church, paid their tithes, and are submitted to Spiritual Leardership.
The bible says that " All things are lawful for me, but not all things are expedient; all things are lawful for me,but I will not be brought under subject to all things," which means I can do whatever I want to do but whatever I want to do is not always the best thing for me to do. Paul also teaches us that " We are to not let our good be evil spoken of and that we should avoid the very appearance of evil."

Now with all that said, it is not wrong for a christian who is a musician to work anywhere other than those places that his/her conscious convicts them of working or anywhere that would cause someone who is not a strong christian to fall away. The Bible say," There is nothing wrong with me eating meat, but if me eating meat causes a weaker brother or sister to stumble, I will eat no meat."

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Re: Christian Pro. Fulltime Musician!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:46:13 PM »
I feel you on that man
Artistik Muzik
Pages: [1]   Go Up