LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overrated opinions?? (Calvin Rodgers) & ITEACH2  (Read 2131 times)

Offline kddrummaboy9

• LGM Member
    • http://

Overrated opinions?? (Calvin Rodgers) & ITEACH2
« on: March 07, 2005, 12:13:34 AM »
I'm a member of Sweet Holy Spirit but I play for another church right now.
But when ever I go to a Sweet Holy rehearsal, band rehearsal or service, I always learn something new from Calvin and the other drummer Steve Corley (he's played the last two SHS sessions as well as the most recent session that they did in nov.). These guys are great people as well as awesome musicians. Steve and I worked out once and I learned a lot. And besides we got one the best church bands out with:
                                             Keys: Rick Robinson
                                             Organ: Brian Lofton
                                             Bass: Maurice Fitzgerald
                                             Drums: Calvin Rodgers and Steve Corley
You should here these dudes play a bump.

Thanx guys for all your help & advice (as well as patience)

Everything Has It's Time. "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 08:59:17 AM »
Maurice Fitzgerald & Calvin Rodgers is a deadly combo 4 a rhythm section :!:  i bet there nice.

where can i get those records :?:
out :wink:

Offline kddrummaboy9

• LGM Member

CD's
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 10:54:20 AM »
You can get them online on the church website www.shsministries.com or any other site.
1) Next Dimension
2) Tell The Devil I'm Back (cd & video)
3) What's 2 Come Is Better Than What's Been

Offline ikickset81

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 09:55:24 PM »
calvin rodgers is my favorite drummer. he is not over rated. he is an awesome player. he knows when to open up and when not to. and u gotta listen really close to the little things that he does to accompany the music. he was just in milwaukee this past saturday playing for mark hubbard and mark washington. and he held it down so tight. brian lofton was on bass killin, (hes a beast on keys too) and rick robinson was on keys. and when those cats did shoutin music it was so sick. but calvin is a great drummer very skillful and versatile. people should just give credit where it is due. god has blessed a lot of talented people and we should just all have fun with it.

Offline Browntiplocs

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 08:00:48 PM »
Are there some overated musicians out there?  Maybe. The best thing about an opinion is that it is neither right nor wrong.  It is a matter of preference.  Having mentioned that let me add that in my opinion, Calvin and overated should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence.  Take it from someone who plays with him.  There is absolutely nothing that dude cannot do.  Believe that!  People only want to see him "snap out" everytime he sits down and when he does not, they say "overated foolishness".  I personally would love for him to "snap" everytime we hit.  I would just sit the bass down and watch!   8O   He understands playing with the band more than himself shining.  He plays for the music which is why he's on a lot of projects and while most of us are chillin' at the crib.  On my list of favorite drummers he and perhaps 2 others top it.  Period.

Offline I_Pl_Pearl

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 02:07:57 AM »
wow them ****** r beast 4 real but yall need to get tehm urban knights cd's to hear them play nothin but pocket 4 real
Pages: [1]   Go Up