LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvin Sapp's Musicians  (Read 8175 times)

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member
  • Me after I rode my bike from Austin to Arkansas!

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:10:15 PM »
Does anyone know who the musicians are that worked with Marvin Sapp on You Alone Are God, the singers, the md, etc?  Man, those guys are good!
Thanks for letting me hang with you guys!

Offline B3Organist_007

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 06:09:39 PM »
I think one of them is kevin bond on the keyboard.

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 06:37:31 PM »
That's my boy Kevin on the keys (Kurzweil PC88 and Roland XP-80) and Mark Burrell (B-3 Organ, Triton, and Roland XP-80)...I forgot the bass player name but If u heard "One Thing" from that album he did that on the Triton and really worked that!! :lol:  :lol:
MERCY EN!!

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »
Matter of Fact, Kevin BOnd is supposed to be doing a workshop here in Dayton Ohio, I dont know the date, but i will let everyone know when i find out
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline jkelly

• LGM Member
    • http://

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 09:33:20 PM »
Quote from: ddw4e
That's my boy Kevin on the keys (Kurzweil PC88 and Roland XP-80) and Mark Burrell (B-3 Organ, Triton, and Roland XP-80)...I forgot the bass player name but If u heard "One Thing" from that album he did that on the Triton and really worked that!! :lol:  :lol:

Hey I thought Kevin Bond plays on a Roland RD600 instead of the Kurzweil PC88?  The bass player is Darrell Freeman.  He definitely one of the nicest out there right behind Maurice Fitzgerald.  Also, there's Jonathan Dubose on guitar and Jeremy Haynes on drums.  They call themselves "The Game".

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 10:02:56 PM »
Quote from: jkelly
Hey I thought Kevin Bond plays on a Roland RD600 instead of the Kurzweil PC88?

Naw....he's not a roland man(piano sounds that is)...that's a Kurzweil all the way...plus i have the DVD :lol: ...that's all he plays with...for me it's easy to figure him out cause he's uses Kurzweil products...He told me that he's goin to motif this year so I can't wait to hear him soon...
MERCY EN!!

jarrell_d

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 05:32:11 AM »
yo ddw4e, i watched the dvd song (You are God Alone).  What was up w/ Kevin Bond looking at the bass player (Darrell Freeman) with an 'awkward' look on the part when Marvin says... "... for you wisdom there's no ennnd.. oooh."  

Darrell did a small run at the beginning of that part.  I wonder if he got a lil too fancy and Kevin didn't like it.  :roll:

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:57:52 AM »

Hey I thought Kevin Bond plays on a Roland RD600 instead of the Kurzweil PC88?  The bass player is Darrell Freeman.  He definitely one of the nicest out there right behind Maurice Fitzgerald.  Also, there's Jonathan Dubose on guitar and Jeremy Haynes on drums.  They call themselves "The Game".

On the DVD, that's definitely a PC88...I was thinking, that guy has some nice stuff, why does he have that old controller, but you said he's getting another, so that makes sense.  

Does anybody know where he got those singers from????

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 09:43:01 AM »
Quote from: c3hamby
On the DVD, that's definitely a PC88...I was thinking, that guy has some nice stuff, why does he have that old controller, but you said he's getting another, so that makes sense.

Cause all he's using is a piano sound throughout the whole CD/DVD and that's his board...he didn't rent that at all...don't need to get like a triton or fantom if he's just goin to use one sound.. :lol:  :lol: ...He's gettin the motif for synths I think but he still keeping the PC88...If u think about it, that's a great board and I wouldn't get rid of it...I have the PC2x and it's the same as the PC88...just more sounds... :lol:  :lol:

MAN!! I need to work for Kurzweil!! :lol:  :lol:
MERCY EN!!

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 02:13:35 PM »
ok, I guess you're right.  Yeah, so when you get your job at Kurz, you going to hook me up????  :P

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »
LOL!!! I got ya covered!!! :D  :lol:
MERCY EN!!

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 10:03:03 AM »
I was looking at the God Alone video again last night-the reason why I was thinking that he was using the Kurz as a controller is because behind him there appears to be a notebook computer opened up, judging by the image on the screen it looks like he is using software sounds.  

I also noticed that it looks like he does get into a short exchange and a gesture with someone behind him towards the beginning of the tune, as the earlier poster noticed, but I couldn't tell if it was with either the drummer or the bass player....

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 11:37:53 AM »
I BET IT WAS THE BASS PLAYER I HAVE TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN...HE MAY HAVE RAN THE COMPUTER FOR THE MPC (THAT'S BESIDE HIM) HE USES FOR THE OTHER SOUNDS...AND NOT THE KURZWEIL CAUSE U MAY HAVE TO SEE IF HE USE A MIDI CABLE ON THE KURZWEIL BUT I DOUBT IT..
MERCY EN!!

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 11:59:23 AM »
I BET IT WAS THE BASS PLAYER I HAVE TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN...HE MAY HAVE RAN THE COMPUTER FOR THE MPC (THAT'S BESIDE HIM) HE USES FOR THE OTHER SOUNDS...AND NOT THE KURZWEIL CAUSE U MAY HAVE TO SEE IF HE USE A MIDI CABLE ON THE KURZWEIL BUT I DOUBT IT..

ddwe,

do you have his Diary of a Psalmist DVD?  The only Sapp video I have seen is God alone off the WOW collection...is his DVD all filmed at the same concert?  Are the other tunes as slick as God Alone?

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »
YEAH I HAVE THE WHOLE DVD...AND IT'S HOTT!!! ALL FROM THE CONCERT THAT HE DID..
MERCY EN!!

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 12:25:24 PM »
well that does it, next week when I get paid, I'm going to order it, I may not even wait.  Those singers are something,else, and the choir director, man, that guy is on fire, do you know who that is?  The look on his face when he says DO-MIN-ION...he is the coolest choir director I've ever seen!!!

Offline bustas_rhyme

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »
Steve Lawrence is the director.  He works with T.D. Jakes.

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »
I'm really intrigued by the energy this guy has as director.  Do you or anyone else know where I can find out anything else about him?  It doesn't seem he has a website, I guess he's one of these guys that back up the solo acts.  Was that him standing next to the white guy on the 2003 Women thou art loosed video?

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 04:21:22 PM »
Quote from: c3hamby
I'm really intrigued by the energy this guy has as director.  Do you or anyone else know where I can find out anything else about him?  It doesn't seem he has a website, I guess he's one of these guys that back up the solo acts.  Was that him standing next to the white guy on the 2003 Women thou art loosed video?

I think so...
MERCY EN!!

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member

Marvin Sapp's Musicians
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 04:29:12 PM »
so you're working for Kurz and I'm selling videos!  Sorry, I've watched those videos too many times!!!!   8O <so has this guy....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up