LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SD has a hold on me  (Read 15237 times)

Offline PastorVic

• LGM Member

SD has a hold on me
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:47:34 PM »
Dear LGM Community,
My name is PastorVic and I have SD. SD is short for spasmodic (spastic)dysphonia. It's a crippling disease of the vocal cords. It comes from years of misuse and abuse. I've singing for about 30 years and preaching forcefully for 20 years. I preach and sing in the black style. Hooping and Hollaring is what I grew up around. However, I must not have been doing it right because in 2012 I had major voice problems. My voice sounds like I'm hoarse all the time. People constantly ask me to repeat things or speak up. The only restaurant the meets my need to order food is McDonald's. They allow me to write down what I want and order from the window.  At Every other restaurant I can't order over the loud speaker, because I'm not loud.  My voice is only as loud as a whisper. I practice the whisper so much it's comfortable. But is what my wife's primary doctor told me to do. I am between a rock and a hard place.  The mainstream doctors say get botox shots in the neck for the rest of your life. They say there is no cure. The world renown doctor I've been seeing says he can help me fix myself but it's going to cost up to $30,000.00. He says we are not inexpensive. But I'm counting on another doctor.... His Name is Doctor Jesus. He made my voice and knows all about it. I pray that you will pray for me and donate if you can. It's terrible to have something to say and no way to say it. The prognosis on it's present course is awful. The course leads to nodules, polyps and throat cancer. I am so appreciative of the few words I can say, because I used to talk a lot. They say you don't miss your water till you well runs dry. Well my well and my throat are dry. But drinking water won't help me. The years of growling and straining have taken their toll on my voice. The years of holding my breath because of nerves have turned into a disorder and disease. I can't hold a conversation with anyone without sounding subhuman or like a monster or a person of supsicious character. A person to be watched and feared.  Please pray for me that I will receive healing from God or $30,000 or God would touch Dr. Cooper's heart and he would treat me for free, because I miss talking, I haven't preached or sang in over a  year. I've already paid Dr. Cooper my mortgage for 1 month. I'm running out of resources.  Social Security doesn't consider what I have a disability. I have real trouble teaching music ,which is my livelihood. I am 41 years old. Thank You in Advance for what you are about to do.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: SD has a hold on me
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
Praying for your healing, sir.  God is certainly able.  Thank you for sharing with us, we don't take it lightly.  Please keep us posted on your progress!

Offline Kevinrawolf

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:59:16 AM »
This has been a great deal of useful material.

Offline Numbah1Contralto

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 10:38:48 AM »
While I will absolutely pray for you sir, I think you should also consider looking up some vocal therapy techniques on youtube and doing what you can. I'm no expert (whatsoever) but I know that voice therapy (stretches and humming and other simple things like that) helped me when I went through my voice issues (I had pre-polyps from constant belting, and more recently my voice just kind of stopped working like it should, but now it's almost fully back). Whispering is terribly unhealthy for the voice, so I'm not sure why the doctor recommended that, but as I said before, I'm no expert. I'll be praying for you sir!

Offline Tattuzuzi

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 03:27:55 AM »
All information has been read, I think it would be very useful. 

Offline jeedzy2531

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 03:43:24 AM »
GOOD JOB AND THANKS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up