LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: like a tree planted by the water they will not move  (Read 3499 times)

Offline HartsvilleM.O.M

• LGM Member

like a tree planted by the water they will not move
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:40:19 AM »
FIRST  LET ME JUST SAY I LOVE THIS  SITE  IT  HAS REALLY  HELPED ME MY JOB AS  M.O.M
MANY   PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK  US M.O.M HAVE IT EASY AND I HAVE TO TELL THEM  ALL THE TIME  BROTHER , SISTER YOU ARE WRONG  WE  DEAL WITH A LOT .. SO WITH THAT  BEING SAID  CAN I JUST  BLOW OFF SOME STEAM AND AFTER IM DONE I WOULD LOVE YOUR  INPUT, SUGGESTION'S ARE  IF YOU HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH  ANY OF THIS  HOW ,, AND WHAT DID YOU  DO TO FIX IT .. LOL  IT  YOU DID . PLEASE  FORGIVE ME WHERE I GO. PLEASE  KEEP IN MIND I LOVE  WHAT I DO AND I PRAISE THE LORD FOR THE GIFTS HE HAS GIVING ME TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS KIND OF WORK  FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

I AM THE  MINSTER OF  MUSIC  AT MY CHURCH I LOVE  MY JOB AND ALL THAT  COME WITH  BUT  THE  THING'S I  HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH SINCE  I'VE  BEEN  AT THIS CHURCH  AND THAT IS GOING ON 9 MOS
 I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN  OR APART  OF A CHURCH WHERE THE PEOPLE HAD  SUCH A PROBLEM WITH THE WORSHIP. THEY  COMPLAIN AND  ROLL THEIR  EYES  IF THE  SONG GO'S TO LONG  IF ONE OF  THREE  PIANISTS  DON'T PLAY  FOR THE  SERVICE ARE  GOES  2 SUNDAYS  WITH OUT HAVING THE CHANCE TO PLAY I HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THAT ARE  WHY DO WE HAVE TO TO SING THIS  ARE THAT  SONG ...
 THE HEAD  PIANISTS  CAME  UP TO ME  NOT LONG AFTER I BEGAN  MY WORK  THERE AND  ASKED ME WHAT WAS MY  DEAL , WHY WAS I THERE AND WHAT  WAS MY JOB AND WAS I GOING TO TAKE HER OUT OF HER'S. AND THEN SHE  LET ME KNOW THAT THE SONG  I HAD THE CHOIR  SINGING  SHE DID NOT LIKE THEM  AND SHE WAS NOT GOING TO PLAY THEM ... AND  I WAS AS NICE  AS I COULD BE IN MY  REPLY BACK TO HER  .. I TOLD HER  WHY I WAS THERE AND WHAT MY JOB WAS  ... THIS  CHURCH HAS NEVER HAD A M.O.M BTW .. AND  NO I WAS NOT  THERE TO TAKE HER JOB AND I TOLD HER  AS FAR AS THE MUSIC  WENT IF SHE  COULD NOT  PLAY THE  SONG'S I PICK  THEN SOMEONE ELSE  COULD  AND I WENT ON TO INFORM HER THAT I WAS  M.O.M AND  I WILL SAY WHAT  SONGS THE CHOIR  WILL SING AND THE BAND WILL PLAY .. SHE SAID  WE LOVE THESE  OLD  SONGS  AND I SAID SURE I DO TO THE THING IS  YOU AND I HAVE SUNG THEM ALL OUR LIFE  IT'S TIME  FOR CHANGE  AND I LET HER KNOW THAT  CHANGE WAS GOOD    .. NEEDLESS TO SAY AFTER THAT  I STOP WITH THE  CHOIR BECAUSE  I WAS MAD AND EVERYONE  SAW IT  IN MY FACE  AND I LET THE  BISHOP KNOW  THAT I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST IF WE DID NOT HAVE A CHOIR  FOR A WHILE  JUST  TO GIVE ME TIME TO GET USE TO EVERY ONE  AND TO PLAN SOME THING'S OUT BECAUSE AFTER THAT  MEETING WITH HER  I SAW THAT I HAD A JOB ON MY HANDS ......SO  HERE WE ARE  4 MOS LATER  AND OUR FIRST PRACTICE IS THIS  SUNDAY PLEASE  PRAY FOR ME  ... YOU FEED BACK IS  VERY MUCH WELCOME

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

Re: like a tree planted by the water they will not move
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:34:59 PM »
So.........

The answer is yes,   the problems that you are dealing with are common to "NEW"  workers in any music department.   People will always resist change because change tends to move people outside of their comfort zones.   I have seen choirs split,   people quit, bands break up,  and all sorts of other actions that would make you questions  people motives ( and sometimes their salvation ).

What I can suggest is that the most important thing that you can manage is your  attitude.   People are going to criticize you. They will accuse you of  doing them wrong, not knowing how to do your job,  playing favorites,  etc etc.  Just remain calm  and stick to the plan that you have been given with respect to the  direction you are going to take the department. As time passes  most people will accept you,  some wont. Most people will support your vision,  some won't.   Most people will give you the opportunity to implement your program, but some wont.

If your heart is  for God,   and you have compassion for the people  that you are there to serve,   then I firmly believe that  things will work out  according to God's plan for the ministry.  And basically that is all you can ask.

Jlewis

Offline HartsvilleM.O.M

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »
Thank you ...
 and things have been better since  my  meeting with the  choir i told them what my hopes were and  i explained my vision with them i told them what i expect from them and then i opened the floor up to the choir  to give me their side of thing's  and what they would like  to see become of the music ministry within the church and it was at that time i saw everyone coming together for the first time we did not hold nothing back everything was laid out they told me how they  felt  and i very much welcomed that . and then me and the head   pianist were able to  fix our  problems ..  so i praise god that there is no more  stress with that part of my  job  we have a good foundation that we can build on  now that everyone's voice has been heard  and i think that is all it really  took  was for us to come together in that  setting to discuss our problems ..

Offline somrudeezz

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
Whether women or men have studied it. Because this is really useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up