LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God is my everything  (Read 3007 times)

Offline nlwt

• LGM Member

God is my everything
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »
I need a little help , does anyone have the bass line for God is my everything by Chicago mass choir

Thanks,

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: God is my everything
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:16:15 AM »
Just listening, it seems that he is doing a lot of 1-3-5-6 runs, or 1-3-5-3 runs or both.  He does it off the one,  then the 4, then the five it seems. Then back to the one.  Then to the six.  He carries them all over the place.    He goes from the one to the four one behind the other in one section,  playing a 1-3-5-6. Listen closely to the video on youtube.  It is not as complicated as it sounds.  You'll hear the other progressions. Most use the 1-3-5-6. You have to pop the 1-3-5-6 quickly.

When you're trying to pick it up from the video, don't try starting out to play the whole lick.  Just get the first note of the lick.  Say, when he plays the 1-3-5-6 on the one, just get the one of the lick.  When he moves to the four, just get the one of the 1-3-5-6 on the four. Then the five.  When you can catch the progression just playing the one of the lick in all the movements,  then try to play the whole lick instead of just the one. 

Offline nlwt

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:20:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply. The advice on playing the progressions has been very helpful. I just started playing bass, my ear training needs a lot of work..

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:41:44 AM »
No problem, hope all goes well.  Have a great day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up