LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Austin TX???  (Read 1129 times)

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

Austin TX???
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
Anybody in the Austin area? I may be moving to Austin from the Detroit area in the next couple months. It'd be nice to have a brother already in the city.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

Re: Austin TX???
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:57:45 AM »
There's not one guit-fiddler from the Austin area on this site!?!? Anyone have any experience in this area then? Suggestions on finding a church home? I've traveled quite a bit in my military years and I know from experience that finding a church home is not a very easy thing to do. You would be surprised at the great range of differences in churches.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »
My friend and former SoCal country/rock sidekick has been living in Austin for the past 9 years and he loves it there. Says there's a great live music scene and a good job and housing market compared to much of the rest of the USA.
Don't know much about the church scene there, but Austin does seem to have a decent music/arts community.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
My friend and former SoCal country/rock sidekick has been living in Austin for the past 9 years and he loves it there. Says there's a great live music scene and a good job and housing market compared to much of the rest of the USA.
Don't know much about the church scene there, but Austin does seem to have a decent music/arts community.

I haven't heard one negative thing about Austin from anyone that I've talked to. I know God will bless my family and I when we move. I'm interested to see the variety of guitar styles from Michigan churches to Austin churches... should be interesting

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
I do have another friend who moved there with his family and then moved out in less than a year. He couldn't stand Austin, but I think his main deal was that he and his family really missed the beaches of Southern California. They spent a few years in Colorado before Austin and I think it just wasn't what they were expecting, so they moved back to Orange County, CA.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
Well, I will definitely find out which of the two I relate to! I move the last week of the month. I'm excited to experience and be a part of the music scene there. I'm pretty sure I will learn heaps from the local talent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up