LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can we get there???  (Read 21585 times)

Offline sebstyoung

• LGM Member
  • A Keyboardist and Music Producer

can we get there???
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »
Have you ever heard a song and the instrumentation was so tight?
You feel d urge to score this song and get to feel what those instrumentalists felt... only to discover it was recorded in the 90's... and here you are trying to get d progressions, chords, syncopations e.t.c. in 2014.
I feel really baffled @such times. Its like when I was trying to learn to walk somebody was out there having fun with songs. Most of the things we try to do today have been done way back with so much ease and professionalism. 
They say "the beautiful ones are not yet born" I certainly believe that. That's what keeps me going.
When I see other instrumentalists showing off their supposed SKILLS(learned), all I say is "he did more rehearsals than I did".
The more we rehearse, the better we get. When I resolved to experiment with chords daily, I was tagged a chord guru. I played some chords accidentally, liked them and never thought it could be named. Now I chord wickedly and know what I'm doing because I chose to practice MORE.
These great guys like from the past never had 12 fingers nor 2 heads. They even played to the extent where they discovered personal techniques, most of which is in use today.

All I'm saying is that we should master these notes turn them into scales, then chords, progressions and finally to a beautiful piece of art.
We are musical artists. Let us begin to draw and colour the impossible, the unimaginable. Not deviating from the usual is good but improvisation and out-of-the-box approach to our playing can make us legendary.
Try to do something unique and special. A little more practice can unlock that hidden stuff that will wow d future generations to come.

And don't forget to start from the basics, the foundation is very important if u wanna stand out. That's why I keep calling T-block my boss because he has helped a lot of us start from d scratch and now we're climbing to greater heights
Fb:Skeyz Whatsapp:0818287768 IG: @skeyz_

Offline kingfenp

• LGM Member
    • ทางเข้าsbo

Re: can we get there???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:37:15 AM »
I'm really happy to be a member of this quality web thanks.

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
I chose to practice MORE. ....your quote....I need to apply this to myself.  I intend to practice more, but sometimes...most of the time, it's frustrating starting from scratch

Offline sebstyoung

• LGM Member
  • A Keyboardist and Music Producer

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »
Cindy learning ur basics is VERY PARAMOUNT in the keyboard galaxy.
All the big chords with my fingers spread all over play re just simple chord with a twist.
For example
If u know ur basic min7 chord then u can play a maj9 chord...which is a bigger chord
U hold ur root note(do) and play mi min7»»»»
Take c instance
It will b C | EGBD
Make it bigger C | EGBDE
CGB | EGBDE

So pls don't skip the basics.
Fb:Skeyz Whatsapp:0818287768 IG: @skeyz_
Pages: [1]   Go Up