LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boss Super Overdrive pedal - Review  (Read 1395 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Boss Super Overdrive pedal - Review
« on: March 30, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »
Hi guys. I finally went out and bought a boss super overdrive pedal. And I must say it was just what the doctor ordered. After turning the knobs to figure out which setting works best, I notice that I am able to make my guitar scream a lot like Jonathan Dubose with this pedal - no kidding! I am also able to sound like those rock n roll players where they usually have the gain turn up a notch on their amp and use the whammy bar for crazy dive bombs. I too is making the same sound now with this pedal. Also this pedal can create a lot like a fuzz pedal to a saxophone sound, when you have all the knobs on the pedal turned up, and turn down the guitar tone knobs to 1, which creates this Jess Lewis tone/effect from her video called: "Emotive Ballad". The reason I bought this pedal is that my repairman who worked on my tube amp set the gain on my amp to low too save the tubes. But with this pedal I am able to get that sound of an overdriven amp of which my amp couldn't achieve by itself, but needed a little help. But the good part of this pedal is that it can be purchase for $50 bucks. So overall, I am happy with purchasing this pedal - it's a keeper!

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: Boss Super Overdrive pedal - Review
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
Glad that you are happy with your purchase.  I think that Boss does a better job with lower gain overdrives than they do with heavier distortions.  In fact, their overdrives are capable of putting out a good amount of distortion.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1]   Go Up