LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song Format  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Bass4God

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Song Format
« on: April 17, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »
I am trying to learn and understand the format of songs to help me when learning to play songs. What I mean by format is knowing the diffrence between the chorus, verse, vamp, etc. or what is the correct order they are placed in a song sorry I am not versed in this area. I am a bass player so it would help to know where I am at in the song to know what I should be playing. I am trying to up my game again. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Song Format
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
VERSES tell the story and usually dont happen more than once. There can be second verses, third verses but it is unusual (doesnt mean it doesnt happen) for one verse to be repeated over.
CHORUSES are catchy and repeat often. A lot of times it will include the title of the song
BRIDGE usually connects a verse to a chorus. Likely wont be on the first verse either. It'll likely happen on the last verse whatever that is. Oftentimes a bridge will go up a 4th (not always), and right after the bridge is usually the chorus (but could be another verse). And like verses, a true bridge usually only happens once.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
Format differs from song to song but the basic format is Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Chorus Vamp.

One such song is 'Here I am to Worship'.

Another format is the simple Verse, Chorus like 'Alpha and Omega'.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Bass4God

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »
Thanks for the help, I'll keep on studying as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up