LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Your USA Ovations NOW.....  (Read 885 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Get Your USA Ovations NOW.....
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:47:09 PM »
FMIC has announced that it will shut-down the Ovation factory in Connecticut, but will continue production in China, South Korea and Indonesia.  Seems like Fender is more focused on bringing their own line of acoustic up to higher standards.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2014/04/23/fender-close-ovation-guitar-plant-us/8071963/]Fender Musical Instruments Corp. to close Ovation guitar plant in Connecticut[/url]
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Re: Get Your USA Ovations NOW.....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
It's sad to see that Fender corporate thinks so little of classic brands like Ovation and Hamer that it dilutes them or, worse, kills them off entirely.
I mean, I understand that game...big business, capitalism, changing markets, etc...but behind all the press releases and double-speak, there are people who are losing their jobs through no fault of their own.
Hey, maybe they can all get job transfers to China...  ::)
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: Get Your USA Ovations NOW.....
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
It's sad to see that Fender corporate thinks so little of classic brands like Ovation and Hamer that it dilutes them or, worse, kills them off entirely.
I mean, I understand that game...big business, capitalism, changing markets, etc...but behind all the press releases and double-speak, there are people who are losing their jobs through no fault of their own.
Hey, maybe they can all get job transfers to China...  ::)

Sadly, in this day of the almighty corporation, that's just the way it goes.  At times it seems that corporations don't even care about the business itself outside of the money aspect of it and making sure that the investors get a return. 
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1]   Go Up