LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please lift my son and my wife and I in prayer...  (Read 16169 times)

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

Please lift my son and my wife and I in prayer...
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »
I have a 17 soon to be 18 year old son.. He is traveling down the wrong road... hanging out with the wrong people and making very poor decisions .. Decisions that could wind up getting him in jail or dead. He has a support network that is enviable by any standard yet he has chosen to take the hard road.. Please pray of rus for strength in this and for him to find the clarity he needs...
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Please lift my son and my wife and I in prayer...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:06:13 PM »
Praying real hard for you and your family.  May God's grace and his blessings be with you in your effort to correct your son's path. 

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
Praying for you.  It is a difficult place to be.  May the Lord guide you through.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:59 AM »
Prayer changes things.  I got your back brother.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline patsyshackelford

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:30:31 PM »
Father God,We come right now knowing that the miles are nothing for you to cover.We come in agreement that Satan will flee from this family.We come in agreement that no weapon formed shall prosper.We Praise you for safety.We praise you for protection.Lord,sheild this child,your child with your blood.Gloryy .Glory.Lord we know you know what he is doing and we know he has the best of the best of family.This is just a trick from the enemy and he has no grounds to take him away from the love you have given him.Lord Keep this family together in peace and let your light shine upon them this hour.Lord we come in agreement that you will cause a mighty change in this child mind.Somebody will tell him what he needs to hear and he will go home.We praise you for this victory in advance.Amen.  Every day at 12 noon.We will pray for this child.And to mom and dad,rest in the Lord.Keep the faith.Patsy Shackelford.Columbus Georgia.

Offline Borukenion

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:08:32 AM »
 I have finished reading

Offline Rachelb

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »
Amen, it is done!!!

Offline patsyshackelford

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
Hello to my Family here.I am just checking to see if the family has a praise report for us here.I am still praying and will continue because even in our victory,we still need to pray.I love you all and this has been such a blessing to me.To have family and to know we are a praying family.THE FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER,STAYS TOGETHER.AMEN.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »
Praying for your son! 

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:07 AM »
Thank you all for your prayers. My son had his trial last Thursday... The outcome was charges reduced to petty larceny and disorderly conduct.. (from two felony charges) 1 year probation withe charges expunged if he keeps his nose clean. He spent the first two weeks of his 18th year in the ADC ... and I think he realizes that he is not well suited for a life of crime. The next morning my wife's dad passed away.... Monday morning I lost my job.... We are now in NYC for the funeral and I will deal with the job thing when I get home... I have to keep my head up and my knees bent.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 09:17:59 AM »
Thank you all for your prayers. My son had his trial last Thursday... The outcome was charges reduced to petty larceny and disorderly conduct.. (from two felony charges) 1 year probation withe charges expunged if he keeps his nose clean. He spent the first two weeks of his 18th year in the ADC ... and I think he realizes that he is not well suited for a life of crime.

Life...never a dull moment.  I really hope that your son learns from this experience.  With all the recent headlines of police brutality and all, there are a few things to keep in mind.  Your son is a big boy....If I were a cop and he were to present himself threateningly (and I didn't know he was YOUR son), I'd probably shoot him.  The point is that in these types of situations, the police will not have the time to figure out that he's only 17 or 18 and that he's actually a good kid just trying to find his way in life.  When these mostly black, young men try and engage society from  their perspective of manhood, they (unfortunately) will be dealt with in like manner and we don't want that.  So we will certainly continue to pray for him and also to try and help guide him to a more, shall we say, sensible path in life.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1]   Go Up