LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Recording Software  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

Digital Recording Software
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »
Hey guys.

I'm looking into buying some type of digital recording software (for windows) for practicing purposes. 

If I get to a point where I will be doing more professional recording projects then I will pursue more expensive software.  For now I just need something for practicing (that is inexpensive too).  Any suggestions?

Offline 6stringapprentice

• LGM Member
    • facebook

Re: Digital Recording Software
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:20:11 AM »
http://www.reaper.fm/
Reaper. One of the more full featured DAWs on the market. The license is only $60 however, you can demo the software forever. Technically you are only supposed to use the demo for like 60 days or something, but they do not disable the software in any way. I used it for like 2 years before I bought it.

Bonus, Reaper is as simple or as complex as you need it to be. I've used it to record simple covers up to live 18 track recordings.

The software has a cult of followers and is constantly being updated. At least once every couple of weeks I get a notice of an upgrade that adds features or fixes workflow bugs.
Sounding Mathematics.

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

Re: Digital Recording Software
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
http://www.reaper.fm/
Reaper. One of the more full featured DAWs on the market. The license is only $60 however, you can demo the software forever. Technically you are only supposed to use the demo for like 60 days or something, but they do not disable the software in any way. I used it for like 2 years before I bought it.

Bonus, Reaper is as simple or as complex as you need it to be. I've used it to record simple covers up to live 18 track recordings.

The software has a cult of followers and is constantly being updated. At least once every couple of weeks I get a notice of an upgrade that adds features or fixes workflow bugs.

Thanks a lot 6string!
Pages: [1]   Go Up