Main > Gospel Music Lounge

Stuck between a Crossroad

Pages: << < (2/3) > >>

Mysteryman:

Cant you transfer to another school that offers a music degree?

Docdb04:

--- Quote from: phbrown on July 13, 2014, 10:45:02 PM ---+1

--- End quote ---

+2

To piggy back, no degree will magically put you in the (concentrated) industry.  Everything is about application of your knowledge.  There is a Science and an Art to almost everything.  If you can figure out what they are, you can excel. 

berbie:

Dwest, we don't know enough about your health and its involvement, your level of skill at your instrument, your scholastic abilities or your willingness to stick out such a difficult undertaking as going to college for four years.  We can give you our thoughts on the matter,  but it is clear from your posts that you need deep counselling on the matter before you move forward.  There's too much we don't know.  Your parents do,  and again I say,  give their advice serious consideration.  Consider asking them if they can/will get a professional for you to help you in your decision making.  Listen with an open mind to what they both have to say. 

I will say this,  as I have said before as a reply to an earlier post maybe in a different way.   You can make a living in music without being a star.  You can go to college and upon completion, teach music at a High school or college.  You can learn music well enough to have a job as a church musician that pays a living wage, or at least a good addition to your day wage.  You can join or form a group and become a night musician with a day job.   You can play music because you love to play. BUT.  Your chance of being a music star is one in a million at best.  Most musicians aren't going there,  even if they throw everything else to the wind.

Listen to your parents.  Seek counselling.  Keep posting.  I(we) want to know how you are doing.

dwest2419:

I want to let everyone know that I am dong fine and I thank you all for your advice.

berbie:

That's great, Dwest, Hang in there.  Best wishes in your decision making.  May God bless you with the best one for you.

Pages: << < (2/3) > >>

Go to full version