LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Album From Lincoln Brewster  (Read 1903 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

New Album From Lincoln Brewster
« on: July 17, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »
Here is cut from Lincoln's soon to be released album, "Oxygen".  One thing that I have noticed is that his singing seems to get better with each new release, but in this particular track, we hear very little of his guitar playing (by contrast, there are some weird people out there who have criticized some of his earlier efforts for having too much electric guitar!!!!  What!!!!  You can not be serious!!!  There is NO such thing as too much electric guitar!).  But is this now the latest trend in worship music where you have a more processed, synth-dominated sound? (check out Hillsong Young & Free latest release).

Made New
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Re: New Album From Lincoln Brewster
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
Meh...I guess it'll have to grow on me and hopefully the other songs will be more interesting.

I'm no fan of the "new" sound of pop worship, mainly because it's an old sound from the early to mid-'80s; gated and heavily processed drums, layers of synths and guitars that sound like synths... *yawn*
All of the younger folks at my church think this stuff is great and fresh and I'm like "go listen to Tears for Fears or Simple Minds or Thompson Twins, etc..." and you'll hear today's "new" worship sound.

Now excuse me while I go yell at a cloud...
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:36:27 PM »
Meh...I guess it'll have to grow on me and hopefully the other songs will be more interesting.

I'm no fan of the "new" sound of pop worship, mainly because it's an old sound from the early to mid-'80s; gated and heavily processed drums, layers of synths and guitars that sound like synths... *yawn*
All of the younger folks at my church think this stuff is great and fresh and I'm like "go listen to Tears for Fears or Simple Minds or Thompson Twins, etc..." and you'll hear today's "new" worship sound.

Now excuse me while I go yell at a cloud...

Yeah man....I wasn't too impressed with that track either.  For some reason, I was thinking that his next album was going to be an instrumental.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:40:47 PM »
I had a chance to check out a preview of the album, and it sounds OK.  I think that Lincoln is trying to broaden his market appeal a bit and my initial impression is that this album will feature a broader range of musical textures.  Although I was only able to listen only to snippets, two of them really caught my attention.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 09:34:09 PM »
I'm a bit confused that the overall trend in pop music's "new sound is actually old sound" is being met with derision by those who were around when the originators were forging the old sound (which is new again, lo)l. One would think that such a link would be a bridge between younger and older people. Interesting.

"Made New" from Lincoln Brewster (OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO)

The "in" sound is kind of growing on me, I guess. And the scene isn't as homogenized as I thought it was. Still plenty of artistry and variety going on, so I can live with this.
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"
Pages: [1]   Go Up