LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster  (Read 1282 times)

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »
Hi guys? I had wanted to get you all opinion on this guitar called: Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster. Have anyone ever heard of this guitar and have possibly played with one before? I'm really interested in purchasing this guitar. It cost $600 dollars and has 22 frets. What do you all think?

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
The Roadhouse, Lone Star, and Big Apple Strats have a long history in Fender's catalog beginning in '96 as hot-rod variants of the American Standard.  I have not seen the current versions (the Big Apple is not part of the Mexican Deluxe series, but the current Blacktop Strat is similar), but they look good on paper at least.  In general, Fender Mexico makes a good product so I am reasonably confident that these guitars should be quite nice.  When these new Deluxe Strats came out, I though that they may have been preparing to discontinue the American Special series because they look so much alike but it turns out not to be the case.  These guitars do come with Fender's S-1 switch, but IMO, that's just a bit of hype on Fender's part.  For that matter, even the application of the S-1 on the American Deluxe  is....meh.  I'm happy with having "only" 5 sounds  :).

“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1]   Go Up