LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Chording "Open Our Eyes" by Gospel Clefts 1958  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Valeden

• LGM Member

Need Help Chording "Open Our Eyes" by Gospel Clefts 1958
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »
I have been asked to accompany a soloist on this song. But I don't have a clue. I have listened to the song several times and I think that it is sung in the key of 'C' with some augmentation going on but I don't know for sure. I am having a hard time of writing the chords for a song. It is hard for me to separate the lyrics from the music. This song is an old song, therefore there are no chord sheets or tutorials out there. I would like to know how to play this song in a Db key since most of my songs are played in that key. Can someone heed my cry for help?

Please help me with this song and teach me how to write chords from the songs I hear. If it is not too much to ask, would you please explain chord  accompaniments.

The song can be found at the following YouTube Link: I have been asked to accompany a soloist on this song. But I don't have a clue. I have listened to the song several times and I think that it is sung in the key of 'C' with some augmentation going on but I don't know for sure. I am having a hard time of writing the chords for a song. It is hard for me to separate the lyrics from the music. This song is an old song, therefore there are no chord sheets or tutorials out there. I would like to know how to play this song in a Db key since most of my songs are played in that key. Can someone heed my cry for help?

Please help me with this song and teach me how to write chords from the songs I hear. If it is not too much to ask, would you please explain chord  accompaniments.

The song can be found at the following YouTube Link: I have been asked to accompany a soloist on this song. But I don't have a clue. I have listened to the song several times and I think that it is sung in the key of 'C' with some augmentation going on but I don't know for sure. I am having a hard time of writing the chords for a song. It is hard for me to separate the lyrics from the music. This song is an old song, therefore there are no chord sheets or tutorials out there. I would like to know how to play this song in a Db key since most of my songs are played in that key. Can someone heed my cry for help?

I have been asked to accompany a soloist on this song. But I don't have a clue. I have listened to the song several times and I think that it is sung in the key of 'C' with some augmentation going on but I don't know for sure. I am having a hard time of writing the chords for a song. It is hard for me to separate the lyrics from the music. This song is an old song, therefore there are no chord sheets or tutorials out there. I would like to know how to play this song in a Db key since most of my songs are played in that key. Can someone heed my cry for help?

The song can be found at the following YouTube Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLM73TyYIE

"In The Name of My Lord & Savior Jesus Christ", I humbly thank you.

Valeden

Offline jamesbarbara

• LGM Member

Re: Need Help Chording "Open Our Eyes" by Gospel Clefts 1958
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:12:49 AM »
I still have this song on tape to this day. Amazing song. One of the best gospel songs ever, period. If not the best. Thank you for the post, and God Bless you.

Offline Yerafzzz

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 05:12:35 AM »
It is admirable to be carried out.
I like a lot of content in this site to know me very well.

Offline zpramernz

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:37:04 AM »

Has been a good deal of knowledge and ideas from your comments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up