LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left and right hand coordination and playing across the fretboard.  (Read 1487 times)

Offline arthur59

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Left and right hand coordination and playing across the fretboard.
« on: September 02, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
I had a few people to send me a PM pertaining to left and right hand coordination for speed and playing across the fretboard.

Let's start out by playing the C major scale with three note sequences at three different locations on the fretboard. Location one is the third fret on the A string. Location two the 8th freight on the  E string and location three, The 15th for it on the A string. Here's the sequence: CDE DEF EFG FGA GAB ABC BCD C. Start at 70 bpm and work your way up to 200 beats per minute.

I'll post a video on this exercise, when y'all reach 200 bpm send me a PM then will move on to the next exercise.
"Each One Teach One"

Offline arthur59

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Left and right hand coordination and playing across the fretboard.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:30 PM »
http://youtu.be/CAirxNe4crM
3 note sequences at three different locations on the fretboard.

This is not the best quality video or sound, I did this in one take but I'm sure you guys will get the idea.
"Each One Teach One"

Offline arthur59

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »
You guys got pass 200 bpm very fast! Next lets play the C major scale in thirds:
Ce  Df Eg Fa Gb Ac Bd C. Play it on the same frets as the previous scale.

You guys ask for help with finger speed and playing across the fret board so this is "MY WAY OF HELPING"! Once you can play this scale at 200 bpm or more we're going back to the three notes sequence, this time we're going to play it in a descending order.

I'll put up a video of the scale in thirds.
"Each One Teach One"

Offline 5deep

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
Individually I can hit them at 210 bpm all together right now I'm at 140 bpm and that's just going in one direction, up the scale! I have my work cut out for me this weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up