LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Upsizing lol, looking for a Cirrus 6?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline tristate04

• LGM Member
  • I want to hear Jesus Groove!

Anyone Upsizing lol, looking for a Cirrus 6?
« on: October 24, 2014, 11:54:16 PM »
Bought a Bubinga/Walnut Cirrus 6, 7 months ago as I missed having a six in the line up.  Unfortunately, in that time I didn't use it how I was intending too.  So, I just purchased the 5 string Bubinga/Walnut as I loved everything about the 6 tone besides the extra width.  Now I think all the GAS is gone and I will be content with what I have.  I will be a Cirrus owner for life, but I told my wife to not let me buy anymore 6 string basses as I have had 3 and will have sold them all.

If you are in the market for a Cirrus 6, check out the Ebay post below.  I have a buy-it-now of $1,110 but will let it go to a fellow LGM'r for the starting price of $900 shipped if there is no bids.  I would just make it a flat buy-it-now listing for $900 if you were interested.

Questions, just let me know. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191387345116?redirect=mobile

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

Re: Anyone Upsizing lol, looking for a Cirrus 6?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:07:19 AM »
It's funny because I did the same thing with a MTD Kingston 6. I had a KZ5 and an Heir and I sold the Kz5 and got the 6. It was a great bass but 6s are just not for me. I traded it to a guy on TalkBass for a fretless 5 string version of your Cirrus. Great basses. The feel and play ability is outstanding. You should join TalkBass. It is a great site. There is a small fee if you want to use the classifieds there.. but for me it is well worth it. I have bought and sold a lot of stuff there. I have bought 7 basses from there over the last few years and sold quite a few as well.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline tristate04

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »
It's funny because I did the same thing with a MTD Kingston 6. I had a KZ5 and an Heir and I sold the Kz5 and got the 6. It was a great bass but 6s are just not for me. I traded it to a guy on TalkBass for a fretless 5 string version of your Cirrus. Great basses. The feel and play ability is outstanding. You should join TalkBass. It is a great site. There is a small fee if you want to use the classifieds there.. but for me it is well worth it. I have bought and sold a lot of stuff there. I have bought 7 basses from there over the last few years and sold quite a few as well.

Yeah, I have put more hours on a 5 string than any other config so it is home base for me. I actually appreciate the very grainy deep rich Bubinga top on the 6 compared to my new 5, almost decided to keep it for that reason alone. I am a non-supporting member at TB and have bought maybe a half dozen items but have paid the $20 fee to list. I may consider it if the bass doesn't sell over this weekend.

Offline tristate04

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:35 PM »
Sold - hope to a fellow Christ Follower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up