LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about tutorial videos and websites......feedback please!  (Read 806 times)

Offline Hands Anointed by God

• LGM Member

I've been offline posting tutorials for a while but i'm starting to get back in my learning/teaching modes again, my question is i know that there are a ton of tutorial websites with all kinds of stuff, i want to know is publishing a website still popular are musicians still using those sites to learn? and if so, as a musician what will appeal to you to say i'll pay $5 for a tutorial other than being in desperate need of learning a song by a deadline.....or what would you want to see or learn?

I'm asking because i'm debating launching my site finally but i want to make sure i'm effective and that their is still a demand for more online tutorials...your thoughts?
Your gift will make room for you

Offline PianoClubhouse

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Don't talk about it....BE about it!
    • PianoClubhouse.com

Re: Question about tutorial videos and websites......feedback please!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
I've seen decline on my end, not to mention a huge influx of new people posting videos and starting their own sites. Five years ago when I started, there were no more than 3 or 4 sites putting up quality material. Today, that number has easily tripled!

So to answer your question, I don't think the demand has decreased, its just that the supply has dramatically increased. But don't let that discourage you. You will find people that will gravitate towards your style, who have tried all of the others, and have found them to be too complicated, or too slow, or talk too much, etc.

So go and do it!!! Do it the way you know how! When its all said and done, thats really the only way to know if there's a need.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
I actually thought to do that years ago but felt I needed to practice more before moving. At that time I think Rev Fullard and very few others were out there. I probably would be where many are now if I followed the path. :) It's best to do it as PC stated. No matter how many MacDonalds there are burger joints keep building. :)
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline Hands Anointed by God

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »
thanks!
Your gift will make room for you
Pages: [1]   Go Up