LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recovery from husband's death  (Read 13060 times)

Offline bbrooks

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Recovery from husband's death
« on: November 15, 2014, 10:33:58 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Bernita Brooks Jones and I need your prayers for me and my family. This year has been one of the most troubling years of my life. I started this year with my husband being admitted to the hospital and needing 5 pints of blood. The doctor couldn't find signs of internal bleeding so he was discharged after 5days. My husband had primary progressive multiple sclerosis since 2003. For the last three years he was totally bedridden and couldn't walk. He preached his final sermon in September 2013 while sick with pneumonia. From January until March 19 he was either in the hospital or the nursing home. He spent exactly 4 weeks in the comfort of our home before God called him home April 19, exactly 4 months before his 44th birthday.
I have been anxious and depressed all this year. I had no desire to sing or play the keyboard. It took everything in me to make it to church and get our son to school on time. Some of the immediate family of my husband have stopped calling or visiting me and the children since he died. My immediate family are in Virginia and I'm here in Alabama. I'm at a crossroad, but God hasn't told me to move so I'm standing on his promise that He'll never leave me nor forsake me. I am asking for your prayers of comfort and peace, especially with the holidays approaching.

Thank you and God bless you everyone,
Bernita Brooks Jones

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

Re: Recovery from husband's death
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:01:59 PM »
Awww... Bernita, I'm so sorry. May the Lord grant you peace of mind and healing for your soul. He will always be there for you, sister. Hold to His unchanging hand. I can totally identify with your anxiety and depression. God will bring you through it in His time. Be blessed. Much love.
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »
I will also pray and let my friends know to pray.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:15:37 AM »
You are added to my prayers...
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up