LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Basses & Amps  (Read 22805 times)

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

Re: Tell Us About Your Basses & Amps
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 05:26:56 AM »
Needed a small cab to lug back and forth to rehearsals. Wanted something cheap. Searched Craigslist and asked Facebook friends. A guy replied that a local store was selling Peavey Headliner 112's for $200 brand new. I went to check it out. Sure enough, it was true. Grabbed a brand new cab for $200 even with warranty out the door. Decent cab for the money. I was surprised.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
Well my cab and my bass was recently stolen so the only equipment I have now is a Peavey minimax ... I think it is 500 watts. At a crossroad because I no longer really played maybe once every 3 months. So thinking about selling but right now  I am sitting at a musical and I want to play (but I need practice lol)

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 08:56:53 PM »
That sucks.. sorry to hear thast .. I hate hearing stuff like that .. That Peavey is not a bad amp though ..  if I remember correctly it is a bit on the heavy side..

It's been a while since I was here .. My basses are all pretty much the same .. I still have the Heir .. but I sold the Brice.. and I traded the fretless Cirrus for a fretted bolt on Cirrus 5 ..  I also sold my SL900, my Max.. and the Tri 115 cab.. I now run a Genzler MG800 and a Mesa D800 .. both of which I got used  on TalkBass.. I still have the Glasstone Lil G .. but I primarily use my BBC Tank 1210 . I still use my Power Wedge as a practice rig with the B3 as a preamp.. and I still use that for smaller stuff.. but the Tanbk is my main cab..

FANTASTIC cabs..  I know they look a bit pricey.. but they are final solution cabs.. and with either the Mesa or the MG800 .. I'm satisfied..
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »
What's up everyone?! Been a minute since I visited. Slight update to my gear list. I added a Markbass Littlemark III and I picked up a Peavey Forum bass for a steal with OHSC. Only downside is the previous owner painted the bass. Not bad looking but they covered up the headstock logo. I plan to flip it but not sure if I'm going to strip the paint job off back to it's original finish first.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
Got a little red Silvertone Revolver P-bass and a practice amp.
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up