LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Holinesspreacha#1

• LGM Member

Need Help
« on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:47 PM »
Hi, I am a 15 year old keyboard/organ player.  I've been playing for about 5 years,
but still in the beginning stage. I play mostly by ear. I can only play in about 3 or 4 keys for now. But my favorite is Eb/D#.
Transposition has taught me how to play different keys.
I'm struggling with left hand chording, runs, playing in every key, and a lot more.
My father bought me a book that had about 90 or more chords, but it never really helped,
I tried to use the book but I just didn't like sitting in front of a book at the keyboard just going from chord to chord,
the book had to have at least 15 or more chords per key, it was just boring.

So I was just wandering what is the best way to learn how to chord with
both hands and play in every key? because this is stuff I need to know to play the organ
because there isn't a transpose button on an organ. I can carry out a service on both, I do play for a church, But I want to perfect my gift
and be great in this area of ministry. Mad at myself for not learning earlier. HELP
A True Prophet is like a mailman For God,
They both work in the Delivery Business

Offline pouchie1969

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »
My suggestion would be to start by taking one of your favorite songs that is easy to you and learn it in the next highest key. Thats a start. 2nd I would learn the 1 4 5 ( C# F# Ab)progression in every key. This is a good starting piont and you will find it to be a big help in learning all keys. Hope this helps

Offline akfp98b5rd

• LGM Member
    • คาสิโน

Re: Need Help
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:27:29 AM »
same.and thanks so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up