LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a gospel/neo-soul DVD that deals with advanced theory  (Read 20762 times)

Offline PatRowdy

• LGM Member

Hey all  :D I'm looking for a neo-soul centered DVD with a teaching style that really gets into some heavy theory concepts. I checked out Jamal Hartwell's neo-soul videos, but his teaching style is really meant for keyboard players looking to fatten up their chords rather than someone who wants to learn the theory behind progressions, substitutions etc.

Any thoughts?

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

Re: Looking for a gospel/neo-soul DVD that deals with advanced theory
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:45:12 PM »
There are a few things you can do. I think you would like Pretty simple music. He seems like he would be a good fit for what you are looking for. Also, if you are looking for advanced chords, that tells me that you must be a pretty decent musician. I think you should challenge yourself and figure out the theory behind the music that you are learning yourself. If you are having trouble, post your question on the site and sure you would get an answer.

Side note: The music came before the theory. Theory is a great tool to learn and explain the music. I have learned plenty from better players than myself who do not have the same theory knowledge that I have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up