LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm new to the organ and have a question  (Read 4501 times)

Offline spydamike

• LGM Member

I'm new to the organ and have a question
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:36:47 PM »
My question is concerning the left hand.I heard you are suppose to play left hand tritons along with your right hand chord.Is this true?if that is not true then what do you play on the left hand?if I understand correctly the triton for Ab is C & Gb...so once I go to another chord am I suppose modulate to that triton?Any advice will help guys. -Thanks

Offline kenb3rob

• LGM Member

Re: I'm new to the organ and have a question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
Hello, hopefully you've received some help beyond this post, because I haven't seen any replies here. LOL.

You don't necessarily have to play tritones in your left hand, but it does help to make your chords sound fuller. And yes, with each chord, your tritone will change.
Some organists use the left hand to play bass notes (if there's no bass player), while in other instances chords are used in the left hand and fingering in the right while bass notes are played by foot.
It all depends on your style and what works for you. I hope this helps a little.

Offline B3Organist_007

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »
Check PJ Morgan's Chord and Runs DVD by Wheatworks. He explains how to voice chords in your left hand on organ.

Offline bustas_rhyme

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
There are two things that can really help:

1.) Learn about extended chords (i.e. 9th, 11th and 13th chords) which will give you a fuller sound.

2.) Learn to play chords you'd typically in your right hand with your left hand. This will free up your right hand to explore chords while providing a solid base for your left hand.

I hope this helps.

Offline s9e8v5d6ew

• LGM Member
    • คาสิโน

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:26:28 AM »
 :-\i am ploblem too.Oh thanks so much . :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up