LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brubaker Guitars  (Read 1356 times)

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

Brubaker Guitars
« on: March 17, 2015, 04:46:44 AM »
Brubaker Guitars and Basses

The U.SA. made ones are very expensive.. but they have an import line as well that is sort of like the Skylines are to Lakland.. I have a Brute JJX that has been modified with switchable Bart quad soapbars instead of the J pickups..  and a Bart 5.3 pre A fantastic bass..

Here are two reviews on them from NoTreble:
Brubaker MJX

Brubaker MJX SC

They can be found on Ebay Amazon as well at reasonable prices.

I have never played a stock one but from what I have heard on TB from people who have even the stock electronics are very good. These basses are made in Korea and Indonesia I think.. and probably in China too.. but they are very well made.. I actually like the build better than my Skyline.. I sold my 55-02 to get the brute I have but kept the 55-01.

These basses are very nice and it took me a while to figure it out (someone else pointed it out to me actually.. ) but one of the things that makes thee basses unique is that they feel like 32" basses due to the design.. but they are actually 34" scale.. Very comfortable to play and very well made.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

Re: Brubaker Guitars
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
Yeah, I have a few friends who are really into the Brubakers. The high end models are way outta my price range. I just can't justify paying that much money for a bass. But anyway, the Brutes are nice budget models. The folks I know that own them have modded them. They haven't peaked my interest though.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up